Put her on hold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put her on hold!

So about two years ago, I bought a brand new black DK2S for $999 or whatever they were selling for at the time. It is the best guitar I have ever played...just really fit me. I loved that damn thing, but lost my job two weeks later and had to bring it back

Well I have been looking for a nice one for sale for a while now, and finally one found it's way into our local GC. It is amazingly mint, and has the Jackson SKB case with it. Inferno red/black hardware. Literally not a single mark, no fretwear...and get this, the plastic instruction sheet for the Sustainiac is even still on it!!! Marked at $599, I talked them down $60 and put $100 on it to hold it until I get my money in about two weeks.

Thought I'd share a bit...it's one of those rare occasions when you do something stupid, like selling your favorite guitar, and get a chance to get "it" back.

Crappy low res cell pic:
    Jackson Pro DK2HT - Metallic Black
    Peavey 6505mh
    Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Nice! Sometimes it really seems things work out the way they were meant to, regardless of the bullshit that gets in the way. Congrats, dude

Comment

That's a nice looking S man! And to think you pretty much found a NOS!
      1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
      1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
      2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
      2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
      2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
      2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
      1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
      2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
      2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
      1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

Now you can roll into the "neck-through vs bolt-on" sustain arguments and say "my bolt-on sustains for days!"
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pretty cool to get one back.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by silar View Post
            That's a nice looking S man! And to think you pretty much found a NOS!
            I know, sometimes I get incredibly lucky...rarely, but it does happen haha

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Now you can roll into the "neck-through vs bolt-on" sustain arguments and say "my bolt-on sustains for days!"
            I love the Sustainer man...my father in law has an '89 Kramer Sustainer and that's what originally got me into the DK2S....just happy to be getting one for good this time!
            Jackson Pro DK2HT - Metallic Black
            Peavey 6505mh
            Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Comment

I played it last week and really liked it.
              Last edited by Grawnday; 09-01-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X