ASDX - pickguard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASDX - pickguard??

i played one of these yesterday, and i will say i was MEGA impressed - especially considering i have always been a USA only guy. it felt and sounded nice, and the price was too good. BUT, it was white with a white pickguard. to me, that looks cheap. i know there is a version with a black pickguard, and i could probably order it - but anytime i buy a guitar made in a third world nation or a communist country i insist on playing it first....so i want to buy the one i played. this brings me to my question. do standard strat pickguards fit the AS? obviously i would need to get one with floyd spacing at the bottom...
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Hmm... I can't answer that, but there are a bunch of 3rd party pickguards listed for Charvel these days. If the screw pattern is the same for the SDX, they'll probably fit. I assume they're all Fender compatible, but I have no idea.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

cool. as long as it fits around the floyd i am happy. i will make my own screw holes if needed...
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

If you do a search for Charvel Pickguard, you get a whole bunch of aftermarket pickguards that are listed as Charvel/Fender compatible.

I've been thinking about doing the same.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

They have the Fender 11 screw pick guard so I would find a Charvel/Jackson style with the 8 screw pattern and drill a hole if needed.
          Depending on how the body is routed I would be tempted to go 2 hums with a single in the middle.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yeah, i sort of plan on doing something other than HSS. i have enough of those. i may just go HH, or H...however it is done it'll be cool.
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I've been thinking about picking up an AS SDX and one of the loaded pickguards from the So-Cals that are always on eBay. I think that will cure my white So-Cal gas. Though my candy blue So-Cal does help!

Comment

Has anyone looked inside one of these yet? Just curious what the route is underneath. Swimming pool???
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

i was really impressed with the AS. it's funny because i have 21 guitars of different makes and models, and i have been more focused lately on buying studio gear and synthesizers....but that "lowly" indian made jackson has not left my brain all day. two things are stuck there, 1) nightwish's "amaranth" and 2) the AS SDX!! now, tonight i will be taking the wifey to check it out and see what she thinks even though she has her eyes on a new musicman bass....
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                    Has anyone looked inside one of these yet? Just curious what the route is underneath. Swimming pool???
                    no idea. i would assume that it is HSS like MIM strats. i figure if it is, i will just route or chisel the cavity bigger to do what i want. i am kinda thinking of doing 3 mini humbuckers for something TOTALLY different....my mind is racing with ideas because it is such a cheap platform to work with...
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I have 2 Jim Rolph Mick Mars humuckers here that would really be nice in one of those.
                      I would keep the MII single in the middle tho' they sound really good.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have made several guard swaps & none of them fit without modding ie shaving the edges around the bridge, pups & neck. You may need to chase up the SDX guard.

Comment

the standard 11 bolt fender gaurd will not fit, i used warmoths template from there site, you can print it out......and as far as the route under the pickgaurd it is single single hum....

thanks
                          jon

Comment

Thank you Jon.
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

3 singles! Do eeet!!!
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X