Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Dinky XL pro neck fit on a DK-2 body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Dinky XL pro neck fit on a DK-2 body?

I am thinking of buying a XL neck for my DK-2 will this be a direct fit? or do i have to redo the screw holes?
    The neck is off a 92 Dinky XL pro. has the real MOP sharkies and i was told these are as good as the USA necks?

should line up fine if not its not thing to fill and redrill..hell i would do it for ya for free if ya sent it with the spots marked.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

It should fit. I have an XL but I no longer have a DK2 so I can't tell you for sure. The XL does have real MOP but I wouldn't go as far as saying its as good as a USA. The build quality is great and the rosewood is generally nice and dark. The MOP on the XLs is less figured and not quite as nice as what you would get on a USA/PRO but still reflective.

I've noticed a couple XLs being ripped apart and sold on ebay... people are doing it because they can make more money off of it in parts. It's incredibly stupid but I paid $200 with HSC for the entire guitar and I've seen an XL neck sell for more than that alone.

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
        It should fit. I have an XL but I no longer have a DK2 so I can't tell you for sure. The XL does have real MOP but I wouldn't go as far as saying its as good as a USA. The build quality is great and the rosewood is generally nice and dark. The MOP on the XLs is less figured and not quite as nice as what you would get on a USA/PRO but still reflective.

I've noticed a couple XLs being ripped apart and sold on ebay... people are doing it because they can make more money off of it in parts. It's incredibly stupid but I paid $200 with HSC for the entire guitar and I've seen an XL neck sell for more than that alone.
        you got a XL for $200? damn i thought i got good deals!

Comment

I bought one for three.And just bought a fusion lx for the same plus shipping schallerand all even a case ;-)
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Bought a pro ebony board mops for 325 and sold it for the same...what a dumb ass lol
            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-20-2012, 03:23 PM.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I bought one that was beat for 125 and sold it parts(kept the neck for a long time) for around $400.

Comment

same reason I buy ratted 475's and model 4's
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X