New Jackson DK2M Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
    I had read a reference on the second page that made the impression on me that they saw the inlay as "like" Ibanez and ESP. It has been out right stated on other threads about these. And I guess it just don't care for the spirit of it today.
    Though piranha would have been a better choice and a more modern Jackson feature. The Soloist look great with them.
    Not meaning to start anything.
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
      Yeah, I've got that on mine. I never could figure out exactly why I was getting dark marks on my fretboard, but I did notice that they were only appearing next to the sharkies.

Anyway, I really like the look of these, and the news that they're going to be Mexican made is great from a consistency point of view. There probably aren't any guitar shops near me that will stock them, and I'd feel a lot better about ordering a Mexican made guitar blind than I would an Indian or an Indonesian. And I do want one.

My (old style) snow white DK2M made me fall in love with maple fretboards, and nowadays they're almost a must for me on an instrument. I've got nothing against other fretboard woods, I just love the way the maple looks. And that Chlorine burst - lovely! I'm probably going to have to have one to go alongside my Japanese DK2M.

My only real complaint here is - which idiot decided to put rosewood fretboards on the white and red ones? I reckon the red would look much better with the maple, but that's the lesser of the two evils. I love the maple and white finish combo on my DK2M, and as far as I'm concerned if there's one finish that's made to go with a maple fretboard it's white. Yet some cretin decided to go against this most important of the laws of nature. I'm raging!

In fact, I love that look so much that I'm almost tempted to start a "white guitars with maple fretboards" collection.
      Agreed! Maple FTW. It pissed me off that they didn't maple on the whole set. And if not maple, it should have been ebony. I really do not like the rosewood. So these will be mexican? That'll be a first for me. I want one... or six.
      '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
      '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
      '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '13 Gibson M-III
      Taylor 214CE
      Dean 6-string Bass
      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I'm digging these... As much as I love my black sharkies on my dk2m, I can live with the dots. It's nice to see something a little different.

It's hard to choose which color I want though... Maybe pick up one of each
        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I think they look great.
          Don't knock em the build quality is pretty nice.
          I've been playing the shit out of my MII AD/SDX and its a great guitar.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm fairly certain this was an '89, no later than 1990 though. It was a non-US market guitar. I can't find any pics of the serial number. It was quite a nice guitar.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Seems to me that since they made running line changes on the X series 7 strings pickup spacing from reading these threads, That we could maybe convince them to do a running change on the Dinky's from dots to Piranha inlays. And maybe a Dinky Reverse model listed as well.
              Any thoughts?
              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
              A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

whoa those new DK's are hot! Me likey! one thing bothers me though, i prefer no volute in the body and now they have two both top horn and bottom. the soloist dont have any BUT
                I am soooo disapointed to see pirahna inlays on these though!

Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 10-22-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

you guys might hate me for saying this but i dont think it was in jackson best interest to do away with the whole JS line,

Comment

Love the new guitars, but hate the new control layout.
                    This alone will prevent me from buying one.
                    It's why I don't play my RG560 or my Strats very much. I hate the volume knob being that close to the pup with the selector so far forward.
                    I always end up hitting the damn selector.
                    -Rick

Comment

I never understand why some dudes always freak out over control layouts. If you can't keep your picking hand in check and keep knocking it into things, throw away your whammy bars, rewire all your guitars to bypass the volume control and be done with it!
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

This is a *new* control layout? Honestly can't see a difference.

Comment

Looks like these will retail for $899 according to the Musician's friend catalog I just got in the mail. Not available on the site yet though...
                          "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
                          ENGL Powerball II
                          Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
                          Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
                          Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
                          1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
                          1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
                          2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
                          2011 Jackson DK2M Black
                          1987 Charvel Model 2 White
                          2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
                          1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
                          1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
                          2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
                          2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
                          2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
                          2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
                          2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
                          2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
                          2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
                          1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

To me 899 is an insane price for these. They won't be getting my money any time soon.

Comment

$899 for the Dinky? Ouch...
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
                                This is a *new* control layout? Honestly can't see a difference.
                                ???
                                The pickup selector on the Dinky is now in front of the volume knob similar to a Strat or Ibanez layout.
                                The volume knob is also closer to the bridge pickup.
                                It has a "crowded" feel. I guess if you have little girly hands it works, but not so much if you have mits like mine.

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                                To me 899 is an insane price for these. They won't be getting my money any time soon.
                                Yep... I got the MF catalog and noticed the MSRP on these is over a grand!
                                Even my wife asked if the folks at Jackson are high. Smelling too many paint fumes I guess.
                                Last edited by rjohnstone; 10-23-2012, 09:33 AM.
                                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X