New Jackson DK2M Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson DK2M Wow!

I am liking this guitar! I hope it meets the Japanese quality. Matching headstock is a plus! My GAS just exceeded managable levels!

From the Jackson site...

The DK2MQ Pro Series Dinky™ features an alder body with a striking 4A 1/8" quilt maple cap, flat-sawn graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck with wrap-around heel, compound-radius (12"-16") maple fingerboard (dark rosewood on Trans Red model) with 24 jumbo frets and offset black dot inlays (offset white dot inlays on Trans Red model), black neck and headstock binding, direct-mount Seymour Duncan® JB Zebra (bridge) and '59 Zebra (neck) humbucking pickups with five-way blade switching, Floyd Rose® bridge, black hardware and Dunlop® strap locks. Available in Transparent Black, Chlorine Burst and Transparent Red.
    "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
    ENGL Powerball II
    Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
    Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
    Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
    1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
    1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
    2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
    2011 Jackson DK2M Black
    1987 Charvel Model 2 White
    2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
    1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
    1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
    2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
    2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
    2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
    2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
    2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
    2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
    2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
    1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Looks really nice, those offset dots remind me of the former Fusion Pro from the 90's.
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

All the right stuff right there, good looking guitar. Thank God they didn't put black sharkies on these.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by kuerbo View Post
        Looks really nice, those offset dots remind me of the former Fusion Pro from the 90's.
        the Fusion Pro had sharkies. Some of the other Fusions & Dinkies of the time had offset though.
        Originally posted by straycat View Post
        All the right stuff right there, good looking guitar. Thank God they didn't put black sharkies on these.
        agreed. I think the maple with offsets is cool.

And while they look like a throwback to the 90s, it's nice to see a maple cap. That pic is reminiscent of the old gravure top Dinkies
        Hail yesterday

Comment

1/8 inch top eh? Even more impressive! If they are made in Mexico then I'm buying one without a doubt!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

^ Yup, the Dinky model will be made in Mexico, it has been confirmed. Now you can sing la cucaracha- la cucaracha...
            -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              the Fusion Pro had sharkies. Some of the other Fusions & Dinkies of the time had offset though.

agreed. I think the maple with offsets is cool.

And while they look like a throwback to the 90s, it's nice to see a maple cap. That pic is reminiscent of the old gravure top Dinkies

Dude, I had a Fusion from the Pro Series, and it had offset dots...
              I think it was a Fusion Plus, had HH pickup configuration. A really nice guitar.
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I think it was a Fusion Plus, had HH pickup configuration. A really nice guitar.
                Fusion Plus is NOT a Fusion PRO.
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I have a number of Fusions from the Professional line. My Fusion Plus has offset dots. The Fusion SSs have regular dots. None of them are Fusion PROs
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice, how much will these be?

Comment

Mine was just like the third from left to right, except it was a Jackson and had the "Professional" white letters, just like the Jackson on its left. As I understand it, that's a guitar from the Pro Series. Or am I wrong?

Facebook - Youtube

Comment

it is from the Professional series. Sometimes called Pro, for short. I have a Fusion Plus too, in trans yellow.

But the true PRO guitars were the top of the line imports. The Fusion PRO is in your pic, second from left. Ebony board, MOP sharkfins, bound neck & headstock.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

That's cool, both of us were right. Thanks for the clarification though.
                          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

That is one of only 2 that I like from the new series. I can live without the sharkies, but those zebra pups make me barf.

Comment

as much as I liked the black sharkies, I too can live without them and the black gunk on the pristine maple fretboard due to the sharkies. Hopefully these will not have the neck-pocket issues with the Japanes DK2M's.

Also, looks like the they have moved the vol knob. Or is it due to the lack of the pup rings it seems that way?

Last edited by emperor_black; 10-12-2012, 05:31 PM.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X