Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson adrian smith sdx and PS4 at guitar center today

Hi All,
    I am new to the jackson board my name is john from Lake wales,fl.I was in GC in orlando and was able to play quite a few jackon charvels today and wanted to share some thoughts.First thing I saw when I walked in was an adrian smith sdx rosewood.having wanted one badley here latley I wanted to try one out before ordering.I played the one they had for about 30 minutes and I was completeky impressed with the guitar.I have heard some people saying the guitar was cheap but I found it to be a well built guitar for mid level and i dont really care about the whole india thing.this was a solid guitar,it was light,finish was excellent,pickups were good.My only complaint was the high action but that can be fixed.sorry about my ugly mug in the pic

i also played a scott ian AML soloist that I though was not a well built guitar at all it was light did not sound good and felt like a toy.They had a red charvel socal MIJ hanging on the used wall for 799.99 I thought this was a well built guitar and was impressed with the sound and look of the guitar.didnt care for the duncans that were in the guitar but I really liked the neck.
    but the best part of it all was that I picked up a PS4 used in 7 of 10 condition for only 125.00 out the door really like these older performer they are well built guitars and have held up well over the years.anyways thanks for having me guys.

Welcome to JCF John nice to meet you.
    Love my AS SDX its a great guitar and its seen a bunch of playing time since I've had it.I tweaked mine some to make it work better for me.
    The body and neck are very well made and the paint looks great.Very much like the old model series Charvels.
    I couldn't see the $699.00 price for the ATL soloist, it wasn't a bad guitar but I think it should have been in the $499.99 price range along with the SDX.
    Again welcome.
    Last edited by straycat; 10-29-2012, 09:23 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

hi straycat
      i think the best guitar i played all day was the SDX i was on the ence about maple or rosewood but I want the RW.I was going to buy the guitar but my wife refused and she never does that so I think I already have one at the inlaws for christmas.

Comment

Well don't rock the boat then might be a good plan.

Comment

Welcome to paradise John, great to have you on board the heavenly J/C express.

Nice score on the PS4.

Comment

PS4s are pretty much my favorite guitars after JDR94 which I have 2 of (kind of a joke they are almost identicall models)

To me the made in Japan ones are functionally very close to the MIJ pro and professional models every here one raves about and I actually prefer the lower key looks, plus if you like thin necks they have some of the thinest you cant get these days with out going custom
            Last edited by tanpsi; 10-30-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Liked my PS4 when I had it also.
              MIJ, ultra fast neck.
              Had to move it to make room for others but kept my other MIJ DKMGT.
              I just don't use Floyd's all that much.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

PS 4 is a great guitar

Comment

Welcome. Congrats on the PS4 find, and to the hopefull SDX at Xmas.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I agree with everyone else, but I'll caution you that the spelling police will be hot on your trail LOL!!!

Comment

Cool info on the SDX, thx 4 sharing and welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome aboard and sweet score on the ps4!

If I seen any MIJ Jackson with a floyd for $125 I would have took it too...
                        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

The spelling police was gone for a couple weeks
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I got lucky on the ps4 it is made in japan and is a really nice sounding guitar.thanks for all the welcomes.I cant wait until christmas day I really want the maple version of the sdx but im not a fan of the oiled necks.Im going to to upgrade everything when i get the guitar,original floyd,dimarzio SD want to go with a 1 hum set up only.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              The spelling police was gone for a couple weeks
                              That should have been WERE gone Ron.

Comment

Working...
                              X