Jackson DK-2 history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK-2 history?

I have seen a few different "phases" of the DK2?
    one has regular chrome harware duncan designed pu's JT580 trem
    another has a matte chrome hardware JT580LP trem duncan designed pu's also and lastly the last series which had real duncans and black hardware finally!
    what i wanted to know is other than the black hardware and real duncans what else changed on these DK-2's?
    is the trem the same or better? are these of a little better quality?
    I have a few older DK-2's and may buy a last series DK2 i have my eye one for $200

I didn't realize DK2s came with different trems. This might help you a bit:

I had a DK2 EDS, 2005 I think. I had put an OFR in there no problem. IIRC mine had a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, but the single coils were Duncan Designed.

Comment

The neck profile and heel/pocket dimensions changed slightly over the years. The older H-S-S DK2 has a thinner neck than the DK2M, and the DK2M neck will not fit in the pocket of the older DK2 body as easily as swapping it from one DK2M body to another.

Found that out when I busted the paint around the pocket of a mint DK2 BOF putting a DK2M neck on it a while back

However, once Jackson settled on the JT580LP trem, they routed the recess deep enough to fit an OFR's longer bolts.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X