NGD - Kelly KE3 [pile o skulls]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Kelly KE3 [pile o skulls]

Hey guys...Its been quite awhile since I've posted on here...Last Thursday I put a Kelly KE3 [pile o skulls with the strange shaped case] in layaway at a local pawnshop..dropped about $495 on it...I didn't mind spending that much dinero on it especially since I've wanted a Kelly forever...my question is - did I do alright?..lol..

Hi, I have a white with black pinstripes KE3. My opinion is, assuming that axe is in really good condition and having the hard case, I think its worth it. I'd try and haggle them down if ya can. Doesn't hurt to try. Take cash in when you do!!
    Gear :
    2009 Jackson KE3 Kelly
    2007 Jackson DKMGT Dinky
    1997 Fender Standard Strat
    2011 Ibanez SR 500
    2013 Peavey Bandit 112
    2013 Peavey Max 115 ii
    1985 Peavey Bandit Solo 65
    Digitech GNX 3000

Comment

I'd say you did pretty good, even more so if it's what you really wanted. Every one of those I saw on ebay was way overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by psychlops View Post
        Hey guys...Its been quite awhile since I've posted on here...Last Thursday I put a Kelly KE3 [pile o skulls with the strange shaped case] in layaway at a local pawnshop..dropped about $495 on it...I didn't mind spending that much dinero on it especially since I've wanted a Kelly forever...my question is - did I do alright?..lol..
        Is $495 the final price? If it's in good shape, that's an OK price. Pile of Skulls tend to hold their value well, so it's a good choice.

Comment

Yep, $495 was the final price..and the guitar is flawless..no scratches to be found, no pick swirls..I'm assuming that the Duncan's are a JB in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck...pity to the fella that pawned this guitar and lost it...also the case is the weird shaped style with the huge, plastic latches...I love the guitar already..The only thing to do now is adjust the tremelo and put on new strings...

Comment

Personally I think that's too high for a used KE3. But I'm a cheapskate and have recently picked up a couple USA Jacksons for not much more than that so I'm biased.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I agree with Racer X. I paid $300 for my Kelly Pile O Skulls from Guitrcenter but when they shipped it they headstock broke during shipping and they took $150 off (or was it $100???) Any way I paid $300 for it and thought I got a great steal.

So I dont think it is crazy high but they are harder to find so it isnt a terrible either.

There is a DK2 Pile on eBay now for $375 BIN

addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

Originally posted by racerx View Post
                ...picked up a couple usa jacksons for not much more than that....
                what matter of sorcery is this.

Comment

Originally posted by conker2021 View Post
                  what matter of sorcery is this.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow if you scored that for $500 I am jealous.
                    addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

Working...
                    X