thinking about an rr24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about an rr24...

So, I just got the old version of the LTD Gus-600, thw one with the coil tap switch and not the killswitch with the ugly GG inlays. well, luckily, i have the guitarcenter recipt, and i can return it. I love the gus-600, i truely do, allways a huge fan of the star shape. but the pickup selector switch for me is akward, and the strap button on the back of the guitar is in an akward place as well. I was looking at an RR24, and i was wondering how they were since its not in store. Hows the neck? does it dive? how hard is it to hit the upper frets? i know that theres only one pickup, but im used to that allready. so what do you guys think?
    Guitars:
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
    Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
    Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
    Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
    Modded Jet City 100HDM
    custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Never played an RR24, but I do play an RR5 and there's no neck dive whatsoever. Upper fret access is effortless, to 22 that is. I can't see 2 more being much of an issue. Neck shape is wide and thin.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

The neck on my RR24 feels identical, or almost identical to the neck on my SL2H. I've never had trouble with neck dive. Upper fret access is good.

Honestly just get one.

Comment

My RR24M neck is a shredder, thinner than my SL2H, similar to my two Model 6s.

Comment

The 24 fret neck on my RR is a dream and no hint of neck dive. Pull the trigger already! Lol.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Stop thinking & do it. I regret not getting one when I had the chance, especially the RR24M. There's not that many around at a sensible price now.

Comment

What ya waitin on. Get it.

Comment

Working...
              X