The New Pro Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Pro Series

Had anyone bought one of these? Anyone that can give a review of the guitars?
    I'm gasing, but no one in Norway has taken them in. I'm thinking of ordering one from the US,
    but I would like to hear if they are worth it.
    Anyone..?

Anybody?
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

I was so disapointed to see the soloist with pirahna inlays that i went and bought a SLX. I dont get jackjson sometimes?
    the shark fins are their trademark, why not use it on these newer pro's?
    I hate the pirahna inlays on a soloist. I dont mind the offset dots on the maple necked DK,they look great!

Comment

i agree with charvel_strat, though thoose aluminoid sharkfin look to dark for me, i like to have contrast between the inlays and my fretboard.

Comment

Originally posted by anarkhos View Post
        i agree with charvel_strat, though thoose aluminoid sharkfin look to dark for me, i like to have contrast between the inlays and my fretboard.
        I emailed jackson to voice my disapointment about the soloist having the pirahna inlays and they said they did not use MOP sharkfins because it would look too much like the USA SL2H??? that is the stupidest shit i ever heard! Did they actually think people would try to sell these off as a USA SL2H or something?
        You know it is a real good thing JACKSON's guitars play great and are built so good cause they are IMO always fuckin something up otherwise! and this is no exception to that! I could have had a amazing soloist for a lot less money than the SL2H if they would have just used the MOP shark fins. everything else about this red quilt is incredible, now i just have to pray the SLX i bought is good enough?

Comment

Well they do blend in so not much contrast really,almost looks like no fret markers which is cool.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
            I emailed jackson to voice my disapointment about the soloist having the pirahna inlays and they said they did not use MOP sharkfins because it would look too much like the USA SL2H??? that is the stupidest shit i ever heard! Did they actually think people would try to sell these off as a USA SL2H or something?
            You know it is a real good thing JACKSON's guitars play great and are built so good cause they are IMO always fuckin something up otherwise! and this is no exception to that! I could have had a amazing soloist for a lot less money than the SL2H if they would have just used the MOP shark fins. everything else about this red quilt is incredible, now i just have to pray the SLX i bought is good enough?

They probably don't want these sales to cut into the USA sales. For what it's worth, I don't like the piranha inlays either. I'd be fine with plain old dots.

Comment

Shark > nothing> pirahna > dots... I'd rather have the pro than the slx.. I don't like asswood, and I like the ebony
              Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

now all this talk made me think about switching the sharkfin inlays from one guitar to another....

Comment

No sharkfins are a deal breaker for me.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm more worried that the soloist will have that insanely bad work at the heel to the neck. The step down from the paint to the wood was terrible. I can live with the piranhas, but I do like the dinkys better.
                    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                    '13 Gibson M-III
                    Taylor 214CE
                    Dean 6-string Bass
                    Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I just picked up my SL2H, and when I play, I don't seem to push my hand all the way up to the heel while playing the highest frets. For me, this may be a non issue if, the paint/wood transition is done correctly. I haven't seen any pics of the heel yet...
                      IMO, overall, it's a good looking lineup, albeit a bit pricy for an Indonesian build.
                      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LaoWai View Post
                        IMO, overall, it's a good looking lineup, albeit a bit pricy for an Indonesian build.
                        + 10,000 !!
                        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

On Musician's Friend, these are still showing as not shipping until next month, so I doubt anyone out here in TV Land has one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LaoWai View Post
                            I just picked up my SL2H, and when I play, I don't seem to push my hand all the way up to the heel while playing the highest frets. For me, this may be a non issue if, the paint/wood transition is done correctly. I haven't seen any pics of the heel yet...IMO, overall, it's a good looking lineup, albeit a bit pricy for an Indonesian build.
                            these are made in mexico not india or indonesia which going by a few Mexican strats i have played are very high quality.I will bet these are very close to the USA stuff. which is another reason i am super pissed about the soloist not looking exactly like a traditional one. I was going to buy the red quilt and put on pup rings and have myself a SL2H for a lot less money but the almost invisable pirahna inlays just turned me off completely. So i will save up for a USA SL2H and play my SLX in the meantime
                            Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 11-17-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                              I will bet these are very close to the USA stuff. which is another reason i am super pissed about the soloist not looking exactly like a traditional one. I was going to buy the red quilt and put on pup rings and have myself a SL2H for a lot less money
                              That's probably exactly why they made them different.
                              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X