The New Pro Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
    these are made in mexico not india or indonesia...
    I thought only the dinkys are MIX and the rest are Indo.. could be wrong though.
    Last edited by LaoWai; 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM.
    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

A lot of worry being projected here. They have not even been held or reviewed yet. Buy a used SL2H select and enjoy. That's what it sounds like some guys want....So get it. Get it?
      Fender made a nice "looking" guitar here. Lets wait and see before we flame. I would have loved to have seen it as a reversed headstock for the first time in a production Soloist we could all afford.
      So we are all waiting to see. But if we flame away before hand and scream "quality issues" the first time UPS bounces a guitar, or GC beats the hell out of one and sets it on the wall out of whack, then we may do the real guitar a disservice.

Just saying.
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
        A lot of worry being projected here. They have not even been held or reviewed yet. Buy a used SL2H select and enjoy. That's what it sounds like some guys want....So get it. Get it?
        Fender made a nice "looking" guitar here. Lets wait and see before we flame. I would have loved to have seen it as a reversed headstock for the first time in a production Soloist we could all afford.
        So we are all waiting to see. But if we flame away before hand and scream "quality issues" the first time UPS bounces a guitar, or GC beats the hell out of one and sets it on the wall out of whack, then we may do the real guitar a disservice.

Just saying.
        ^^ yes, this.

But, I'm weird with inlays. Either sharks, dots or none at all. I'm pretty old school, and just like the standards.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by holycross1 View Post
          I'm not worried nor am I waiting. It'll just be more noise to have to sort through when searching ebay. Yay for that.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

But, I'm weird with inlays. Either sharks, dots or none at all. I'm pretty old school, and just like the standards.
            exactly! A soloist deserves sharkfins and this was my only complaint. the rest of that new pro series soloist is amazing.
            But Like the other poster suggested, i will just buy a used SL2H.

Comment

Their claims that using sharkfins may cause cuts in USA sales is warranted- USA soloist prices are through the roof.
              "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
                Their claims that using sharkfins may cause cuts in USA sales is warranted- USA soloist prices are through the roof.
                I can understand what jackson did from a business standpoint but from a player/buyer point of view, I still think it was a grave mistake
                But no doubt these will be of utmost quality as most jacksons are

Comment

I like the blue quilted new DK2m. I don't know about the 3 screws holding the neck on though :think:
                  Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                  Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                    I like the blue quilted new DK2m. I don't know about the 3 screws holding the neck on though :think:
                    Me neither, but it's been keeping my ibanez in one piece for 14 years, so I guess it works
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

If they don't want to put sharkies on there they should have just left the board blank.
                      My Toys:
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                      '94 Dinky HX in Black
                      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

People will always find something to bitch about. We get Ebony boards and neck through on almost all imports, still not good enough. God forbid they add a little spice to an otherwise typical lineup. What most of you want, is another 90-93 PRO, which as we all know, is never going to happen again. You want USA specs, go buy a USA.
                        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                          People will always find something to bitch about...You want USA specs, go buy a USA.
                          This.

If the quality is there, I'll pick one of these up for sure. Although I too love the sharkfin's, this has the ability to be a great guitar. I'll reserve judgment until I can play one for myself.

Comment

Would the lack of sharkies really be to keep sales up on higher end models?

This is the SL2H-V, a Music Zoo run.
                            2849833000_frt_wlg_001.jpg

So maybe, maybe not.

Comment

Fretmarkers be damned, what -apart from price- irks me is that you get to choose between either an EMG 81/85 or a SD 59/JB equipped guitar
                              available in Alder, alder, alder and some more alder
                              Apparently, there's only one type of wood left in the world,... ok! (oh wait, there's quality quilted maple veneer on some of them)
                              But would it really hurt to put an invader, distortion, blackout or some bloody single coil in the damned things for at least 'some' tonal variety?
                              how about introducing some other pickup(configuration)s to your customers?

I'll admit, the HH config has been bloating the Jackson catalog for some time, but here's a new line ready to let in some fresh air
                              yet no use is made from the opportunity
                              Last edited by Nightbat; 11-26-2012, 01:06 PM.
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I think it's a way to distinguish them, even if the sharkies by themselves won't sell the USAs. Also (and Jackson would never say this), the plastic sharkies on the Pro series guitars like the DK2 looked like crap, so they're probably better off going with piranhas.

Oh, by the way, can I just say how much I want that mahogany SL2H-V? I'm actually getting the funds together to nab one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X