rhoads pro pro pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhoads pro pro pickup question

I just got a roads pro pro an the neck pickup is really weak. What pickups are in these and is the neck pickup supposed to be about 25% output of the bridge?

neck pickups should be a little underpowered compared to a bridge pickup, to account for the decreased string volume closer to the bridge.

how are the pickup heights? Have you tried raising the neck p/u or lowering the bridge?

Does the neck pickup sound like a single coil? It might be broken and only running one coil. Try lightly tapping the pole pieces with a screwdriver while the neck p/u is selected - you should hear output from both rows
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I had a bad toggle switch that caused this on a Pro Mod.

Comment

What were those? J50B and J50N?

Anyhoo, definitely check the toggle to make sure it's contacting properly. Then check the wiring for loose contacts/shorts. Could also be somewhere/thing on the circuit board.

Or just put in a set of Duncans and be done with it. It's not like Jackson pickups kicked any kind of ass.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ive become a big fan of the jackson oickups. my m6 stock is my best sounding guitar. that said, i checked it out and it seems to be as bad switch

Comment

Working...
          X