Ngd: Kextmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd: Kextmg

Just ordered one of these from Sweetwater. Not sure if anyone saw the "Black Friday Massacre" promo running on Jackson's website, but they are offering $100 off any new Jackson guitar. There are no stipulations on how much the guitar has to be, so I basically got a 15% discount. I've always wanted a Kelly, preferably without a Floyd, and this fit the bill. I also like the fact that it has an unpainted neck.

I'll post pics as soon as I get it. I should have it next Friday.

Congratulations on the new axe.

I did see that & was super stoked as I was going to get a AD SDX with maple fretboard. Unfortunately there was one stipulation to the $100 coupon, the guitar had to be in stock. As far as I could find, the SDX with maple board, nobody has one in stock. Seems to be shipping out 11/27. We will see if that holds any truth. I went through that in 2001 with my DXMG. About 6 months later it showed up at the store.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Try calling Sweetwater to see if they will honor the coupon anyway. The Kelly I bought won't be "in stock" until Thursday the 29th, but they honored the coupon since they already had it on order and it didn't have to be special ordered.

Comment

Got the tracking info and it will arrive tomorrow. Sweetwater sent me the photos of the guitar they are sending:

Comment

Looks good we will need a full report!
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
            I did see that & was super stoked as I was going to get a AD SDX with maple fretboard. Unfortunately there was one stipulation to the $100 coupon, the guitar had to be in stock. As far as I could find, the SDX with maple board, nobody has one in stock.
            Same thing happened to me when I got the '$100 Off' e-mail from axemusic.com. Bummer.

P.S. Sweet Kelly!
            Last edited by Metal Spawn; 11-28-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Looks nice on matte finish!! Congrats!
              Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
              Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
              http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
              http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Finally got home from work and got a chance to spend a couple hours with the new axe. I have to say I'm very impressed with the level of quality. I wasn't sure what to expect at this price point and being made in China. The neck feels great, action is low and it plays great. I would say the quality is easily comparable to my Japanese made SLS3. It sounds great acoustically, and of course plugged in. I'm probably going to swap the 81 and the 85 when I change strings to see how the 85 sounds in the bridge. The only other guitar with EMG's I've had was dual 81's. I'll add some more pics, but for now back to playing.

Comment

i'm thinking of ordering one of these. any further review info?

Comment

I'm still very happy with mine. Any specific info you're looking for? I've since replaced the 85 with an HA in the neck. I still really like the 81 in the bridge but plan on trying the 85 there at some point.

Comment

Working...
                    X