Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Factory EMG's DK2M - Anyone else have this problem ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Factory EMG's DK2M - Anyone else have this problem ?

The EMG pots that Jackson installs with factory EMG pickups are very, very smooth and have almost zero resistance when turning. Since Jackson put the volume knob right next to the bridge pickup, you hit it constantly when picking. If you just look at the volume knob wrong, the volume gets turned down. I cannot for the life of me keep from constantly knocking the volume down when playing this guitar. I have many other Jackson guitars and have never had this problem. I guess it's the EMG pots that make it so easy to turn the volume down. Is there any way to add some resistance to the turning of the pot/knob ?

My COW7 is the exact same way.

Comment

Felt washers under the knob is one way.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

This thread again?

Many threads on the placement of the volume knob. Not just an issue for DK2M's. I have the same problem and just get used to checking the volume repeatedly like I have OCD

Comment

I think his point was not so much the positioning, but how 'loose', or easy it is to turn the EMG pots as opposed to the regular pots used in non-EMG Jacksons. There is 0 resistance on the pot on my COW7 when turning it.

Comment

Some people put an O ring or rubber washer under the knob, then you can sort of adjust the friction based on how high you have the knob set.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have the same issue with my Fusion. As a result , I'm always ensuring the volume is up. To the point that its OCDish as DonP was saying...I feel your pain...
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                This thread again?

Many threads on the placement of the volume knob. Not just an issue for DK2M's. I have the same problem and just get used to checking the volume repeatedly like I have OCD
                Yeah I know but I'm not talking about the volume knob placement issue. I have had no problem with that for 25 years on close to 100 Charvel and Jackson guitars. It's these stinking high quality pots with these EMG's.......... LOL.

I'll try the felt washer thing, great idea. I already need to go to Home Depot to get the little rubber washers for the JT-580 and Korean OFR trem bars. That's the one thing I've always hated about JT-580's, way worse than the same issue with Korean OFR bars.
                Last edited by lepard; 12-12-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I like the o-ring idea better than the felt. I'd like a "hidden" solution.

And yes, my EMG pots spin way too easy too.

Comment

I put the o ring under the volume knob, and with the low pro trem, i hit the nut on the trem arm, too , so I put 2 o rings on the trem arm above the nut, too, and that solved that problem..
                    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

it's a bit of overkill compared to rubber washers, but you can always reverse the pot wiring so when you hit it will turn up.
                      “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                      X