Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD My work travel pays off now and then.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD My work travel pays off now and then.

So, I'm working in the DC area this week and after work stopped by the GC in Chantilly VA where I spy this little beauty. I'm not real familiar with this model, don't even know for sure what model it is, I'm sure it's a DKsomething. Anyway, I plug into a 6160 and take off with it for a but.. Damn thing rips and there seems to be a boost switch on the rear knob, I was pretty impressed but I wasn't sure I was impressed enough to dish out $300 for it on impulse. So I went back to the hotel and slept on it and this morning decided to drop back by there and pick it up. Low and behold when I went to check out, it was actually $100 cheaper. Apparently it was on a markdown and the tag fell off.. So I got a KILLER archtop Jackson for cheap, It's in really good shape too. Only one chip in the paint on the back about the size of an eraser head... Just wish it wasn't black.

Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 12-18-2012, 09:31 PM.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

I don't remember the FF neck having an archtop body. Could someone have taken the neck and put it on a DKMG body?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      I don't remember the FF neck having an archtop body. Could someone have taken the neck and put it on a DKMG body?
      IDK.. I did a search and I found some with the arched top three knobs and reverse headstock like this one, and I found a lot with the regular DK body, two knobs and standard pointy Headstock. I guess they came out both ways.. (Shrug) That's why I didn't know what the model was on this one. They only ones I'd seen up close were more like the standard DKs.

Comment

I assume this would be considered a DKMGTFF. I'm not sure of all the iterations of the DKMGTFF/DKMGFF line, though.

Comment

It's

Lo & behold

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here is one on reno Craigslist http://reno.craigslist.org/msg/3487212719.html
            METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I believe that would be a DKMGTFF. Looks very similar to my DKMGT spec wise, except of course the FF fingerboard. This one will have the EMG boost installed. I believe PA20? I kept the boost in mine, threw in a full shred bridge and pearly gates neck.

On mine the flame is on the back.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Congrats...sexy guitar (I happen to love the black) and great deal.
                Let me know if it doesn't grow on you, I also like the arch top.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Fucking Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    I believe that would be a DKMGTFF. Looks very similar to my DKMGT spec wise, except of course the FF fingerboard. This one will have the EMG boost installed. I believe PA20? I kept the boost in mine, threw in a full shred bridge and pearly gates neck.

On mine the flame is on the back.

Sweet neck Hellbat.

So is my memory screwed up orr did these necks ever come with a DXMG body (without the archtop)?

Comment

Looks like a nice deal for $200.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                          Whatever.
                          It's "what ever"

One thing is for certain. We will have the most edumacated dickheads of any forum

Lo and behold! Them there are smart fucks on the JCF!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            It's "what ever"

One thing is for certain. We will have the most edumacated dickheads of any forum

Lo and behold! Them there are smart fucks on the JCF!
                            you should of seen them before Ron got here!!!! Dum fucks. But he got hear and straighted them write out and Walla! Good spalling alround
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Definetly!

Comment

Working...
                              X