Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF, have they done to the import DK-2?!? No sharkies/bound neck....Augh..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF, have they done to the import DK-2?!? No sharkies/bound neck....Augh..

So, I know I've been MIA for awhile.
    It's also been a few years since I bought a new Jackson.

After a visit to a few music stores, I noticed one thing.
    I could not find an import with sharkies and bound neck.
    I asked around, I was looking for a Dinky with bound neck /shark-tooth inlays was informed that there where no more import Dinkies that fit the bill. WTF!?

I've looked all over the Jackson site, and it seems that if I want a Dinky with a bolt-on, bound neck, and sharkies, I need to step up to a DK-1 (Been there, done that)

I think that sucks ass.

On the plus side, I did get talked into ordering a White Soloist SLX, so.........

Yeah, they now come with offset dots. Tragic Fail.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pretty rough huh? Part of Fenders plan to sterilize the Jackson name perhaps.

Comment

I guess I'm just old, but as a kid, you knew it was a Jackson, 'cause it had a bound neck/shark tooth inlays.
        It made it sexy, upscale. I know it's just bling, but it was bling that said "Metal-Shred"

Charvel should have Dot's
        Jackson should have Sharkies

It's how the world should work. ;(

As for the Soloist SLX.. damm impressed with the one I played. Fret ends a bit rough, but a wonderful neck with a great heel (No heel, pretty much)
        Reminded me alot of my long-gone Model 6.

I still have my Soloist Pro (will never let that one slip away), will post pics and a comparison when the SLX arrives.
        Last edited by 2Loud2Old; 01-06-2013, 06:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The Japanese factory is gone. These new ones are either made in India-x series, Indonesia and Mexico for the replacement for the Pro series depending on bolton or neck thru.

Comment

What's next, the loss of the pointy headstock? That will be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Comment

Pretty sure the new Dinkys have black binding on the neck and headstock. And I kind of like the offset dots - at least on the maple boards. Meh, different strokes.

Comment

The new DK2s having neck binding but it's black. The inlays I understand, as I do love my flashy inlays.

Comment

I agree. They could have had dot inlays and sharkfin models. Sharkfins are Jackson's signature style, to not have them was a mistake.
                  Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                  Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I've said it before, but I'll say it again for the heck of it... If Jackson wanted to do something 'different' than Sharkies, then Pirhanas would have been much more appropriate than offset dots.

Just my $0.02...

Comment

I absolutely LOVE the new DK2MQ. Fantastic neck profile, love the super sculpted body, love the offset dots. I just bought one and plan to buy at least one more.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                        I absolutely LOVE the new DK2MQ. Fantastic neck profile, love the super sculpted body, love the offset dots. I just bought one and plan to buy at least one more.
                        You know the rules.............PICTURES NOW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                          Picture of the neck heal and bolts please.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Picture of the neck heal and bolts please.
                            and then pics of the neck heel
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I need to see a picture of the bottom strap button and the headstock "all in one" shot please. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X