Ngd!! Dk2m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd!! Dk2m

Well, this is a late Christmas present from Curtis, he did damn good lol. I prefer sharkies, am digging the offset dots. Came set up quite good out of the box, but will adjust it just a tad, that's just normal.

Jackson DK2M by JBNix, on Flickr

Jackson DK2M by JBNix, on Flickr

How does it play vs the older DK2Ms? I have been considering getting one. I have one of the older versions with the black sharkies and it is a great player. I really like the matching headstock on these...
    "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
    ENGL Powerball II
    Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
    Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
    Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
    1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
    1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
    2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
    2011 Jackson DK2M Black
    1987 Charvel Model 2 White
    2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
    1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
    1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
    2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
    2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
    2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
    2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
    2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
    2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
    2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
    1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Hell yeah! Congrats on the new axe!

Comment

Good to see someone finally getting one. So........tell us what it's like, we're dying to know, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
          , dude.
          Hee hee
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Congrats on the NGD, very interested to hear how this is guitarsjb.

Comment

Thanks all, I've been jammin this hard the last couple of nights..I'm holding it as I type lol, and I must say, I'm impressed. As far as DK's go, I can only compare it to my DK2LE...which isn't really comparable because in ways they are completely different animals.
              The cosmetics/fit/finish etc on this one are perfect!! No complaints anywhere. Joints are tight, binding is smooth and flawless. The offset dots are actually ok, I prefer sharkies, but these are ok on here. I'm used to bolt on's being four screw with a plate, this is a 3 screw, no plate. The different design actually allows for easier upper register access/comfort.
              The neck is noticeably thinner from the DK2LE, it's closer to my RR5, almost identical in fact.
              This guitar sounds great acoustically. Plugged in, even better. The JB/'59 combo are great, my DK2LE has an EMG, and my RR5 has a DiMarzio X2N. In this guitar the Duncans fit it well. Harmonics sing, sustain is great, notes are clean, crisp and great at high volumes. Plenty of punch and chug distorted.
              It comes with an OFR, which performs flawlessly (as expected).
              I don't know what else to really say about it..I love it.

-As reviewed by one of the boards DUDE-ETTES lol
              Last edited by guitarsjb; 01-11-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Congrats Jeri!! Long time no see on the forum? Happy new year!!
                Sam

Comment

I do apologize. Couldn't work out what Ron found so amusing about 'dude'.

Good to hear these new geets are well made.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                    Thanks all, I've been jammin this hard the last couple of nights..I'm holding it as I type lol, and I must say, I'm impressed. As far as DK's go, I can only compare it to my DK2LE...which isn't really comparable because in ways they are completely different animals.
                    The cosmetics/fit/finish etc on this one are perfect!! No complaints anywhere. Joints are tight, binding is smooth and flawless. The offset dots are actually ok, I prefer sharkies, but these are ok on here. I'm used to bolt on's being four screw with a plate, this is a 3 screw, no plate. The different design actually allows for easier upper register access/comfort.
                    The neck is noticeably thinner from the DK2LE, it's closer to my RR5, almost identical in fact.
                    This guitar sounds great acoustically. Plugged in, even better. The JB/'59 combo are great, my DK2LE has an EMG, and my RR5 has a DiMarzio X2N. In this guitar the Duncans fit it well. Harmonics sing, sustain is great, notes are clean, crisp and great at high volumes. Plenty of punch and chug distorted.
                    It comes with an OFR, which performs flawlessly (as expected).
                    I don't know what else to really say about it..I love it.

-As reviewed by one of the boards DUDE-ETTES lol
                    Good review. I never liked the offset dots and pretty much skipped over the years Jackson did those. 3 bolt neck no-plate would normally scare me off. I'll take a look at these if I see one in person.

Comment

Where is this made?

Comment

Indonesia IIRC, the build quality is excellent IMO, I have one of the SL models and the quality would surprise most.

Comment

I thought the Dinky's were made in Mexico?
                          Out Of Ideas

Comment

me too.

Comment

and I thought all the import models are now made in India. :think:
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X