Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New help with Identifying a jackson guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always liked the DKMGFF and DXMG. I've owned a DXMG myself.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      If you don't like it, get rid of it. A used DXMG should be 1/2 of what you could get for the DKMGFF. Only the first year of DXMG's were made in India. All other years were MIJ, including your friends.
      I thought the non lp trem indicated MII or first year? His friends has the odd trem also, as did mine. I know you have a couple of these. Do they have the weird trem or the normal jt580lp with the levers and locking saddles. Why do some have this trem.
      jackson-guitars-549621604740898611.jpg
      And others have this one,
      1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633668df04be09e8b3808aabe0f902e9d2f6.jpg

I always thought that the first trem was the junk one that indicated MII. Is there a 3rd trem that Im confusing with that one?
      Last edited by Carbuff; 01-16-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
        This might make it seem as though the trem is closer to the neck because your palm rests on the fine tuners which are indeed closer to the neck because the trem is shorter.
        The fine tuners would be in the same place. And why would anybody's hand ever rest that far back on the fine tuners? Your palm should be lightly resting on the Floyd stud/post.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ahahah Thanks for the input guys. that was awesome..
          but, theres some doubts reamining
          Is it a dxmg made in japan or made in somewhere else? i already made my choice and im going to part ways with my DKMGFF to get this DXMG .
          but before i do that, i need some more solid info to confirm that im not trading a japanese made jackson for an indian, malasyan or chinese jackson.
          Q: )
          JP
          Charvel Fusion Deluxe - Duncan Custom/Jb Jr.
          Jackson DXMG - 81-60A
          Fender American Standard - Nailbombs
          Ibanez RG7420 - Evolution 7 - Liquifire 7
          Ibanez RG7420 - Blaze Custom 7 - Air Norton 7
          Ibanez SR550 Bass - Stock

Ibanez Rg550 - pickupless Q: (

Comment

You already read about the Ser # being Japanese.
            Why ask again?
            I, RacerX confirm that DXMG is from the Japanese factory and was probably made
            in the 2005-06 era.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The paperwork with the blood signature is being fedexed and should be there tomorrow.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                The fine tuners would be in the same place. And why would anybody's hand ever rest that far back on the fine tuners? Your palm should be lightly resting on the Floyd stud/post.
                I just meant when your palm might touch the fine tuners. You see the finish all worn off of the top fine tuners and saddles all the time. In the pics you can see that the fine tuners on the one trem are at least .25 inches closer to the neck than on the other where they are all the way back. I really cant tell the difference but the op said that he was very sensitive to those types of things.

Comment

Yeah.. i ALWAYS found myself in a pretty unconfortable position with IBANEZ Guitars due to its "bridge position"
                  i was searching for the problem and adressed various causes , the shape of the bridge(several ones from lo trs to edge i,ii,iii), body shape and contour, 22 x 24 frets. Q: /
                  until they releases this new ZPS bridge. i was in germany and tried one S7320 and the bridge fitted, more or less, my requires of confort. then i bought it.
                  My number 1 is still my Charvel fusion deluxe

it has everything i need IN PLACE. except for one thing. a 24.75 inches scale that prevent me to tune it lower than D standard without sacrificing playabillity and tone.
                  COnfort i would say. if i could do an exact copy of it, changing only the body wood and the sclae length i would do it. i also have this Fender american standard 40 yrs comemorative edition

VERY Nice, but dont get closer to the Japanese charvel. only in matters of quality of course . and everybody loves the neck feel on it. me included.
                  Jackson DXMG - 81-60A

Comment

i will ignore the jokes.
                    Jackson DXMG - 81-60A

Comment

That's a precarious picture position!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        That's a precarious picture position!
                        Its the polar opposite of the "in front of the fireplace" pic. Those always crack me up. My buddy used to say about guitars that he couldnt bond with. "More wood for the fire!" Some of my favorite guitars were his cast off firewood. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                        X