N(F)GD: RR3 Crimson Swirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N(F)GD: RR3 Crimson Swirl

Always wanted a V, now I can see why people rave about them.

Only problem I had was the wiring wasn't long enough to reach the input jack nor were the holes big enough to take anymore wiring.
    EMG 81/85 (yeah, i'm not very adventurous), solderless/quick connect. I decided to drill a new jack hole on the lower horn & made up a square jack plate to secure it all, looks fine & works well.
    Intonation was way out, so I set that right & she's pretty well good to go, just needs a good clean after the thrashing Ive given her. Love it.

Originally posted by Force View Post
    Only problem I had was the wiring wasn't long enough to reach the input jack nor were the holes big enough to take anymore wiring.
    EMG 81/85 (yeah, i'm not very adventurous), solderless/quick connect. I decided to drill a new jack hole on the lower horn & made up a square jack plate to secure it all, looks fine & works well.
    :think:

Why didn't you just remove the leads and replace them with longer ones, some solder and tubeshrink would keep things tidy
    sure as hell a lot less invasive, plus that you'll keep the outputjack from digging in your leg
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I haven't played standing up for..........I don't remember, it's been that long. I need to learn that again. That's what I'll be doing when I use this.

As stated, even without the plugs on the leads, there is no room left in the wire paths to get anymore in there.

The jack placement is like the vol knob, it seems to bother alot of people but i'm not concerned by it, doesn't affect my playing at all.

Comment

Ha ha, input jack fail
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've always wanted a crimson swirl RR3. Such a sick paintjob.
          I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
            I haven't played standing up for..........I don't remember, it's been that long. I need to learn that again. That's what I'll be doing when I use this.
            That's an honorable intention, but we all know it's not gonna happen...

Seriously, I own three Rhoads-guitars, two of them have the input on the lower horn and now I own one with the input right where it belongs, those are a pain for me to play sitting down.
            I ended up resting the tip of the lower horn on my leg back in that day due to the cable beeing in my way, and that's not just very uncomfy, but it also gets you used to a very high neck position, which is quite the opposite of what you're looking for with your plans of standing up.

The Rhoads is an awesome shape for sitting down. Neck height and angle are perfect IMO and I especially love the way body and neck are positioned in front of your body.
            Since I got used to the Rhoads-shape I have quite a hard time switching to superstrats. Resting on my left leg the neck feels too much to the left side, and too much to the right side on my right leg.
            I always keep on moving the guitar this or that way, but in between would be great. That's what a Rhoads does!

But a nice guitar anyway!
            Looks great in red!
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

look at all the wasted money on those toy motorcycles... definitely at least worth one Jackson there...
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

My model collection is certainly getting out of hand

Micha, it's not too bad to play sitting but it's so easy to play standing. Not sure why as the neck is still in the same spot as the other shapes, but for some reason my left hand doesn't hurt trying to bend round to reach the frets. I wasn't sure how i'd go with a V even though I was always gonna get one but ive bonded with this immediately.

guitarguy, yes, amazing finish. My plan was to redo this in acapulco gold or similar, but it was in such good nick i had to leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Ha ha, input jack fail
                  You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
                  X