Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Me Identify My Kelly PLZZ (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Identify My Kelly PLZZ (Pic Heavy)

Hello all. I've been doing a little research trying to identify my Jackson Kelly that I bought a few years back. I haven't really found anything that helps too much so I figured I would ask the experts. Reason I'm curious is because this guitar spends most of it's life in the case so I'm considering parting with it for some extra cash. I'm getting into building a rack setup and that can get expensive real quick as I'm sure you all know. So if anybody can lend me any help, and maybe an appraisal, it would be greatly appreciated. If I missed any key identifying aspects in any of my pics I can take more.
    Thanks alot.

EDIT: The pickups are not original. I added the EMG 81/85 combo after I bought the guitar.

1995? Kelly Professional PRO. Nice axe, I have the same one. I'll give you $200 for it

Comment

SOLD haha jk. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Really...? you don't know what kind of guitar that is?

Sounds to me like your trying to sell it without paying for the membership...
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Hello there. Before we begin, just be aware that people don't like it when new members join, ask for a price estimate and then buzz off. We want people to engage in the discussion and be part of the community here.

Disclaimer aside, the standard answer is put it on eBay with no reserve and what it hits at the end of the auction is what it's worth. I've seen pros go for 700 to 800 US$ recently if that helps.

Toodle-pip!
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
            Really...? you don't know what kind of guitar that is?
            I think it was the "Kelly Pro" on the truss rod cover that was confusing him.

Comment

Well guys I just wanted to make sure. I'm not trying to sell the guitar on here, I never listed a price or much information other than what I expected was needed for identification. I dont really see how it's a big deal that I got on here to ask a question from people that I know would have the information. I suppose everyone has their pet peeves tho.
              Last edited by AndManCreatedMachine; 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndManCreatedMachine View Post
                I suppose everyone has their pet peeves tho.
                Like spelling though wrong? Just kidding...
                Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                  Like spelling though wrong? Just kidding...
                  Too much texting haha. It's destroying my vocabulary.

Comment

It's a double edged sword. If you come here only to ask details about something you want to sell, people get all pissed off because you're only here to get your info then you're never seen again. BUT! If you were to list a guitar for sale on CL or Ebay with wrong info, someone would post a link to it here and everyone would rage on the seller for not doing his homework. It doesn't bother me either way. I look at it as: there's someone on the receiving end that's going to get a nice guitar.

GLWTS

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
                      It's a double edged sword. If you come here only to ask details about something you want to sell, people get all pissed off because you're only here to get your info then you're never seen again. BUT! If you were to list a guitar for sale on CL or Ebay with wrong info, someone would post a link to it here and everyone would rage on the seller for not doing his homework. It doesn't bother me either way. I look at it as: there's someone on the receiving end that's going to get a nice guitar.

GLWTS
                      I appreciate your comment and the help you gave me.

If I'm violating any kind of forum rule or anything of the sort, mods can remove this thread I suppose. Like I said before, I didnt have any ill intent, just wanted some information is all.

Comment

Is it black or black cherry?

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying a black one for $400 at a local guitar show.

Comment

Very nice, a '95 Kelly Pro.
                          I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
                          ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
                          Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
                          Blackstar Soloist HT60
                          Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
                          Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Is it black or black cherry?

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying a black one for $400 at a local guitar show.
                            It's black

Comment

Originally posted by AndManCreatedMachine View Post
                              It's black
                              You should keep it! Don't be stupid like me.

FWIW I have a KE3 body with a DK1 neck, sort of a bolt-on USA? Kelly, but even though it sounds awesome I wish it was a neck thru.

Comment

Working...
                              X