Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR model shipped to me by mistake- Keep?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR model shipped to me by mistake- Keep?!?

I'm on my way to work, so I don't have time to take a pic now.

I got sent the wrong guitar by mistake, I've never had an RR before, so I'm thinking I might keep it.
    I was supposed to be sent a DXMG instead.

Facts:
    RR shape -Black on Black
    Neck through
    24 frets - Rosewood - Bound neck.
    Duncan Designed pups
    SN on fretboard
    String Through"
    "Made in India" sticker.

This was supposed to be a b-stock DXMG.
    Now, I've already got a DXMG, so I might keep this IF, it's a least equal or greater value, or I will send it back.

Thoughts?

It is a RR24XT:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar
    My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Playing it will help decide.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        Playing it will help decide.
        +1!!!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking I'll keep it.

It's a Rhoads, and it's a neck-through, and it's 24 frets.
          It's very clean, was covered in dust tho, came with a hard case AND a Jackson gig bag, all for $400.00 shipped.

It's my first Indian made guitar. It seems to play well enough, pups have to go, tonepros bridge is an unexpected surprise.
          My only real complaint so far is the fret ends are a bit sharp, they need a dressing.

Neck feels faster than my '90 Soloist Pro, Basswood body is extremely light, lighter than even my Basswood Charvel Model 2

I think it's a keeper.

Comment

Sounds like your keeping it. That would have been my suggestion as well. These import RRs (well of the guitars really) play well. With a proper fret dressing & polish it likely would play even better. Congrats on the "misfortune" of getting the wrong guitar.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Yup, I' keeping it.
              The seller was really cool. He just gave me $150.00 back on top of it! $250.00 for pretty clean, neck through, 24fret Rhoads.. I need to buy a lottery ticket.
              Very rare, that a "mistake", goes my way.

Now, do you think I'll get sent a CS Soloist, if I buy a JS30?!?... prob not..

Comment

Working...
              X