Tell me about the Professional series Dinky Std

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the Professional series Dinky Std

I found a decent deal on a Professional series Dinky EX. While researching that guitar, I came across photos of the Dinky Std. The Std looks like a sweet guitar. I dig the color-keyed pickups and knobs, clear guard and the matching headstock. Plus, I'd really prefer the HSS configuration to the HSH of the EX.

Are there any Std owners on this forum? If so, what are your impressions of these guitars? Any photos would be great. I haven't seen any other than red or white, so black and blue photos would really be appreciated. Thanks!

I'd have to dig for a picture of it, but I had a black one. It had a black pickguard and white dot inlay. I got it for a steal. Under $150 I think. It was as good as most of the professionals of that era. For a sub $200 guitar, it was some serious bang for your buck. Had the super thin neck that they had back then.

Comment

Re: your title

Check out this article by our own Henrik:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind56 View Post
        I'd have to dig for a picture of it, but I had a black one. It had a black pickguard and white dot inlay. I got it for a steal. Under $150 I think. It was as good as most of the professionals of that era. For a sub $200 guitar, it was some serious bang for your buck. Had the super thin neck that they had back then.
        Cool, thanks for the feedback! So the neck on this era of Jackson imports was thinner than the Charvel model series? Those are the only Jackson/Charvel imports I have any extensive experience with.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        Re: your title

Check out this article by our own Henrik:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...al-history.htm
        Thanks, I saw his article. His site is where I came across the Dinky STD when I was researching the EX.

Comment

Working...
        X