What's This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's This?

I sold this when it was new in late '96 or early '97 and just took it in as a trade. I'm trying to figure out what model it is but after going through all the old catalogs, I haven't been able to identify it, the chrome hardware is what's throwing me off. I'm sure one of you geniuses knows what it is though. And yes... I'd happily look up the old sales receipt if I could, but I can't, so I'm coming to my JCF brethren for help!

Matt

Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Dk2??
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

If it is from 96/97 time frame, it's a DX1. The DK2 didn't come out until 1998.
      Looks like a pickup swap was done. Those originally came with Duncan Designed pickups.
      The chrome hardware may not be original either, but I know Jackson did use both back then.
      Last edited by rjohnstone; 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM.
      -Rick

Comment

I checked the DX1 but the catalog doesn't show chrome as an option. I do know the pickups have been changed, everything else is stock though.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

The DX10d's had Chrome.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Matt, is it possible that you first sold the guitar in 99, not 96/97?

a) I believe that serials starting with 9 indicated MIJ as opposed to the year of production.
            b) I found a DK2 posted on the forum, made in 1999 with the serial 9628914.
            c) The DK2's that year had chrome hardware and Duncan Design pickups.
            d) I think this also confirms the colour:

Last edited by levantin; 01-29-2013, 06:16 PM.
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I sold it the first year I was in business but that was a long time ago and I may have the dates wrong.

Originally posted by levantin View Post
              Matt, is it possible that you first sold the guitar in 99, not 96/97?

a) I believe that serials starting with 9 indicated MIJ as opposed to the year of production.
              b) I found a DK2 posted on the forum, made in 1999 with the serial 9628914.
              c) The DK2's that year had chrome hardware and Duncan Design pickups.
              d) I think this also confirms the colour:

Comment

96 tops don't look like that, say professional on the headstock and the neck plate is raised and 6 digits.

Comment

as far as I know the only bound import necks with that style plate were on the DK and DX series.
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Levantin is correct; 966xxxx is too late to be a '96. This is a DK2 from 2000-2001 era.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Would the hardware from that era be satin chrome? I've seen guitars similar to this with satin chrome hardware.

Comment

I guess we'll tag it as a DK2 and see what happens. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, DK2 for sure.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Levantin is correct
                            I usually am, but people dont listen to me
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Is it printed in the neck pocket?
                              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X