Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belated NGD, SL2Q! Also a locking nut question/issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I'm disappointed that they aren't Chushin Gakki any more, the more I look at the new pros the more I like them. Much moreso than the old line.

The zebra pickups look great in it. Is there ever a situation when zebra pickups aren't awesome?
    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Thanks guys! It feels quite a bit different than my SL2H but it's good to have something different every now and then.

How about some test riffs! <- linked
      Last edited by groverj3; 02-01-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Sounds pretty good, too!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice guitar and nice playing. Congrats.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

[QUOTE
            The neck is way thinner than anything else I've seen on a Jackson.][/QUOTE]How thin? Ibanez wizzard thin or 90's jackson professionals thin?

Comment

Very very nice.Congrats
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                How thin? Ibanez wizzard thin or 90's jackson professionals thin?
                Yeah, it's somewhere in that ballpark. However, it just might be the combination of the "speed" neck profile and lack of paint on the neck that makes it feel this way.

Comment

Strangely enough, I was about to order a new bar from StewMac and decided to try a couple of the bars from some licensed trems I had lying around. Apparently the bar from a floyd special fits this FRTO2000 better than the stock one. It also fits this better than it does a floyd special . No more floppyness! I've thoroughly macgyvered this guitar into top playing shape it seems.

I think I may order some new pots though, because the volume has no usable taper. It kind of just shuts off at 20%.

I can also confirm that despite these having the korean-made "Floyd Rose Original" they have floyd rose special locking nuts. Not really a problem, since I've never had issues with a floyd special locking nut (saddles are another story).

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
                    Yeah, it's somewhere in that ballpark. However, it just might be the combination of the "speed" neck profile and lack of paint on the neck that makes it feel this way.
                    The good thing about the speed neck profile is that it's not as thin as '90s Jackson Professionals or Ibanez Wizards.

Comment

Joe, did the kv4 have the speed neck profile?

Comment

I'm not sure offhand. It might be in the specs of the catalog.

Comment

Beautiful guitar!

Comment

Thanks again, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
                              Yeah, I was not expecting aluminum cavity covers!

The top is a single piece veneer I believe.
                              I remember reading somewhere that it's a proper top, not a veneer. The faux body binding would also support that.
                              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                                I remember reading somewhere that it's a proper top, not a veneer. The faux body binding would also support that.
                                I'll have to look at it more closely. I just assumed it was a veneer because even my SL2H has one. That would be a nice bonus.

Comment

Working...
                                X