Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belated NGD, SL2Q! Also a locking nut question/issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that it's a proper top, not a veneer. The faux body binding would also support that.
    At least the Mexican Dinky models come with a proper top, Chris Cannella said so in a NAMM video I watched. He didn't say anything about the Indonesian Pro models, but it looked like a veneer on the KVMGQ's my friend just bought. I won't say for sure though...
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Yeah, it looks like a veneer to me on this. The masked binding parts look like regular alder.

Comment

can you take close-ups of the binding?

Comment

The top with that color looks like the surface of the sun up close. Hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
            At least the Mexican Dinky models come with a proper top, Chris Cannella said so in a NAMM video I watched. He didn't say anything about the Indonesian Pro models, but it looked like a veneer on the KVMGQ's my friend just bought. I won't say for sure though...
            I'm curious as to how those iluminoid inlays look like in real life.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              I'm curious as to how those iluminoid inlays look like in real life.
              They looked pretty cool actually. Sure, not as full of life as real MOP, but they're a cool alternative to MOTO!

All in all, I was blown away by the KVMGQ's. It made me want to order two of them right away.
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

But Groverj3, how does the quality compare to the Japanese or maybe even the USA models?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  can you take close-ups of the binding?
                  I can do that. I'll snap some pics after work today.

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                    But Groverj3, how does the quality compare to the Japanese or maybe even the USA models?
                    You can definitely tell it's not the same level as my SL2H, but I would put it about equal to the old Japanese line. Unlike the old pro series, it has an ebony fretboard and an unfinished neck. It's definitely worth the price tag though. I didn't even need to have any fretwork done to it, nothing buzzes at all. The neck width is also different, since it uses an R2 nut. Not a big change, but it's noticeable.

The inlays took some getting used to because you can't really see them while playing. Once you do though, it's not a big deal.

Comment

As requested, a day late

Unfortunately cell phone pics are the best I can do right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X