NGD Jackson SDX Adrian Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Jackson SDX Adrian Smith

Got my Jackson SDX Adrian Smith through today. It's a brilliant guitar, the neck and mid pickup are alot quiter than the bridge humbucker, especially on clean, but I love the guitar and the quality surprised me quite alot.

Anyway here she is.

and here she is with all the rest (she's kinda hidden behind my Model 4 and 375 DLX, I made sure all my Jackson/Charvels were up front for you guys, except my JS30KV got lost behind my RR24, you can just see her.)
    2002 Classical Acoustic
    2003 Cruiser by Crafter Strat
    2003 B.C. Rich Mockingbird "Firebreather" L.E.
    2005 Jackson DKMG
    2003 Fender Stratocaster Candy Apple Red Satin L.E.
    2008 Ibanez JS100
    2009 B.C. Rick KKV
    2009 Ibanez RG350MYE L.E.
    2005 Jackson RR3 Crimson Swirl
    1989 Charvel 375 DLX
    2010 Jackson JS30KV
    2010 Fender JR Telecaster
    2003 Fender Jag-Stang
    2010 Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod
    1988 Charvel Model 4
    2007 Jackson RR24
    2012 Jackson SDX Adrian Smith
    sigpic

Happy NGD!! You have made a wise choice, my friend! I absolutely adore my Adrian SDX!!

Comment

Very nice! I'm not sure what I want more, one of these or one of the new DK2Ms... perhaps both!#

Cool collection you've got there too.
      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

The more I look at this guitar, the more I have Somewhere In Time playing in my head.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Happy NGD!! You have made a wise choice, my friend! I absolutely adore my Adrian SDX!!
          I adore it too, I dunno if I prefer that or my Charvel San Dimas, tough call imo, both are awesome though

Very nice! I'm not sure what I want more, one of these or one of the new DK2Ms... perhaps both!#

Cool collection you've got there too.
          I'd get both, just because I dunno how to stop spending money on guitars, Lol, personally I prefer the look of the old DK2M but the new ones look pretty nice too.
          Thanks it's taken alot of time and money to get it where it is today.

The more I look at this guitar, the more I have Somewhere In Time playing in my head.
          Somewhere In Time and SSOASS always come to mind when looking at the guitar to me too. Lol. I wanted a Jackson that looked like that when I saw Adrian holding it in the album booklets, years before the sig was even thought of, I'm glad they brought it out, even if it's not exact. I may make a clone of his original one day and a clone of Dave Murray's Jackson Strat from the 90's. Can you tell I'm a Maiden fan. :P
          2002 Classical Acoustic
          2005 Jackson DKMG
          2008 Ibanez JS100
          2009 B.C. Rick KKV
          1989 Charvel 375 DLX
          2010 Jackson JS30KV
          2003 Fender Jag-Stang
          1988 Charvel Model 4
          2007 Jackson RR24
          sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah! Awesome guitar - congratulations! Been wanting to get one of those for a while now, was really impressed by the one I took for a spin at GC a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RR3DKMG View Post
              I'd get both, just because I dunno how to stop spending money on guitars, Lol, personally I prefer the look of the old DK2M but the new ones look pretty nice too.
              Thanks it's taken alot of time and money to get it where it is today.
              Both is tempting. I've got one of the old DK2Ms already, and it needs some maple boarded Jackson brothers!

Somewhere In Time and SSOASS always come to mind when looking at the guitar to me too. Lol. I wanted a Jackson that looked like that when I saw Adrian holding it in the album booklets, years before the sig was even thought of, I'm glad they brought it out, even if it's not exact. I may make a clone of his original one day and a clone of Dave Murray's Jackson Strat from the 90's. Can you tell I'm a Maiden fan. :P
              Indeed. I could never decide which of the two guitars I liked more.
              I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Indeed. I could never decide which of the two guitars I liked more.
                I really like both of the guitars, Red is my favourite colour, but white guitars look the most classy. I do wanna make both clones, but that'll have to wait till I'm making more money.
                Hell yeah! Awesome guitar - congratulations! Been wanting to get one of those for a while now, was really impressed by the one I took for a spin at GC a few months ago.
                You won't regret it. You should pick one up, great guitars for what you're paying. Would you buy the maple board or the rosewood? If I didn't have so many guitars, and had more money, I would have got one of each. Lol.
                2002 Classical Acoustic
                2005 Jackson DKMG
                2008 Ibanez JS100
                2009 B.C. Rick KKV
                1989 Charvel 375 DLX
                2010 Jackson JS30KV
                2003 Fender Jag-Stang
                1988 Charvel Model 4
                2007 Jackson RR24
                sigpic

Comment

Somewhere In Time and SSOASS always come to mind when looking at the guitar to me too. Lol. I wanted a Jackson that looked like that when I saw Adrian holding it in the album booklets, years before the sig was even thought of, I'm glad they brought it out, even if it's not exact. I may make a clone of his original one day and a clone of Dave Murray's Jackson Strat from the 90's. Can you tell I'm a Maiden fan. :P[/QUOTE]

I had the old Maiden England VHS from the SSOASS tour and always wanted one just like his. Getting this was a bit of a dream come true for me. It's a great buy for those of us that can't afford the US model. I once had an Ibby 350DX with a black pickguard because I wanted to get close in appearance. When these came out, I bought the rosewood model, but it didn't do it for me. The maple feels so much better and notes just seem to "chime" more to me. Even the stock pickups are pretty great.

To my mind...the best import Jackson I've ever owned.

Comment

You need to replace that dresser with a stack!

Nice guitar too.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Congrats! I've got one of those on my 'To Buy' list, too...

*I count 17 axes... Now I don't feel like I've 'gone overboard' by having 15 of my own, LOL!!!

Comment

I would have 20 if I hadn't sold 3 over the years but if girls can never have toi many bags, shoes or clothes then we can never have enough guitars. Lol. Yeah Helllbat, I really do need to get a stack, but my trusty Peavey Bandit does the job well enough at the moment.
                        2002 Classical Acoustic
                        2005 Jackson DKMG
                        2008 Ibanez JS100
                        2009 B.C. Rick KKV
                        1989 Charvel 375 DLX
                        2010 Jackson JS30KV
                        2003 Fender Jag-Stang
                        1988 Charvel Model 4
                        2007 Jackson RR24