Fusion pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion pickup

So peeps, I have this Jackson Fusion XL that -apart from needing a new switch- I'm looking for a different p'up for
    The Super Distortion currently in it, is NOT working with the basswood body tonewise: too hollow

So in the dark all devouring void of what is my house, I've got a DiM X2n, SD Custom Custom, and I believe an DiM Evolution somewhere

Personally, I'm thinking of the CC, using the X2n in the guitar I'm pulling it out of (an ash Charvel fusion with Super 5-way, enabling coiltapping)
    I would tend to think the X2n being too overpowering for the dual rail J200R's in the XL
    With the Evo being MIA, unsure if I can use it or if it's even a bridge p'up or F-spaced (also think I have a Tone Zone somewhere, but that's beyond event horizon)

Your thoughts?

(edit:, they could really put a better tonechart on sites than B-M-T, no use in installing a p'up that has high mids when you need low mids, no matter how big the 'M' number is)
    Last edited by Nightbat; 02-03-2013, 10:21 AM.
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

The Fusion is a short scale - usually means darker. CC is more of a fit for a bright guitar. I have a CC in an ESP Horizon NT, ebony FB and Floyd, 25.5" scale, and it sounds fantastic.

Try the CC, but if it sounds too dark for you, I get to say I told you so

Comment

Well, I need something to fill up that hole in the mids, the CC seems to be a better choice for that than the X2n
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Unconventional, but my Full Shred with a ceramic magnet has lots of mids .

Comment

Working...
        X