Jackson dk2m and floyd rose original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson dk2m and floyd rose original

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've participated on here. I lurk a lot but don't post much. I just wanted to share my dk2m I bought a couple of years ago and have put a lot of work into it. It originally was snow white but I changed it to matte black(actually covered it in vinyl), sanded the edges down to the wood as if it has natural binding and left a line of white on the edges. I love the way it turned out. I've been playing it with the vinyl on it since last July(2012) and this vinyl is indestructable and very protective. I bought it used a couple of years ago at Guitar Center for $299, beat to death, loaded with green dimarzios and green volume/tone knobs. It played like a dream though. I almost immediately took the dimarzios out to find that they were all electrical taped into place lol. Nice job man, whoever you were.
    So, I'm an active EMG guy and Loaded it with an 81/60. Best decision ever. I knew what to expect with the 81 but was new to the 60 and I have to tell you I have fell in love with that 60. It's a workhorse. Perfect for everything for me. And when I need that extra cut through the 81 never lets me down. However I would like to upgrade to the solderless system. Their old soldering system was a pain!
    I also put grover tuners on it(mini rotos), an original 50's press-in(not spring clip) tele brass input jack cup which is so clean looking, and just last night after seeing one of Dave Mustaine's new guitars with recessed strap buttons(I don't know why I or anyone else has never thought of this), well, I recessed them and it looks great. Not to mention it being way more durable. No more stress on the screws! It actually fits my body better too while standing. Kinda hugs me lol.
    Another new upgrade was swapping the JT580LP trem for an Original Floyd Rose. I'd prefer black, but it turned out looking really good. My friend bought a Charvel from craigslist for cheap that had the original floyd on it but wanted a black one so I traded it straight up for an old black Jackson/Schaller German floyd. I know they're not much different but I didn't like the idea of the Zinc on that thing and honestly it didn't feel nearly a good as the JT580LP. I actually loved that LP trem but there's not much info out there on those things and I've never had a real Floyd. To me it doesn't seem any better performance wise but it's definitely not any worse so I'm very happy with it. Fyi, it dropped in perfectly. I kept the orginal posts and had to change to a shorter block but everything else whas perfect.
    I also made my own pick-up rings out of oak. As soon as I find some nice Maple to make some more I'm gonna swap them or possibly make them out of ebony.
    Anyways, I wanted to share a pic with you guys and see what you thought of it. My dream guitar has always been a USA Soloist SL2H. Really loving the Brodericks too. And the PC1 lol. Too rich for my blood these days but I'm so happy with this guitar it has made me not really care about getting a usa model. I don't know why they don't do maple with black sharkfins anymore. I know it was their best seller for a couple of years, but contrary to what some people think on here , I'm really loving the new stuff coming out. I understand why some are upset but they have to compete with these other companies to stay alive that are whoring their guitars to everybody that claims to have a band. There's no substitute for a good Jackson thought.
    So check this out guys and give me some feedback. I know the finish won't be for everyone, but it's difinitely one of a kind and I love it! http://s1111.beta.photobucket.com/us...53715.jpg.html

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Awake69 View Post
        I like it!
        Thank you!

Comment

These are really good guitars. I have a white Bengal DK2M with EMG 85n/81b and it plays and sounds awesome.

Too bad these might never be made again.

Comment

Wow, that vinyl with the sudo binding looks great! nice work
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I like EVERYTHING, except the oak pickup rings....I can't believe how good the vinyl looks...Nice guitar and good work dude !
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

That's a lot of work, but it turned out awesome! Great save.

Comment

I love it !

Comment

Very nice! I have a DK2M with a Black and Blue plasma lightning kind of vinyl skin that looks pretty cool. It is a mean player! I put a Tone Zone and Evo set in her and she kills!
                    "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
                    ENGL Powerball II
                    Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
                    Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
                    Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
                    1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
                    1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
                    2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
                    2011 Jackson DK2M Black
                    1987 Charvel Model 2 White
                    2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
                    1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
                    1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
                    2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
                    2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
                    2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
                    2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
                    2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
                    2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
                    2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
                    1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                      Wow, that vinyl with the sudo binding looks great! nice work
                      Spelling cops! "Pseudo"

I like the wood pickup rings. That always looks nicer than plastic.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks everyone The vinyl is unbelievable. You'd never know it was vinyl by looking. It actually kinda looks like ebony. The Oak rings with be Maple soon!

Comment

You need to get the rhoads finished,and i need to drop off that floyd block.

Comment

Originally posted by superev1l View Post
                            You need to get the rhoads finished,and i need to drop off that floyd block.
                            I can't really do anything to it without the block. So bring it over and bring your new guitar. I wanna see it.

Comment

Great job Dude..Killer Axe!
                              *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
                              *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
                              *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
                              Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
                              *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
                              *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
                              *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
                              *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X