NUGD Jackson Kelly KE3M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUGD Jackson Kelly KE3M

My first NGD (or NUGD as the case may be) for the JCF folks!

Thought I would throw this out there for feedback without resorting to "necro bumping" (as I was immediately corrected on in an older thread).

My fellow JCFers, I present my Jackson Kelly KE3M "limited edition". There's VERY little out there about these, but when the chance to snag one on The Bay came up, I had to pounce. The specs looked solid. I LOVE maple necks/fretboards, and the finish was appealing enough to justify my GAS for a Kelly.

Love the black binding around the neck and fretboard...and the black sharkies as well...

My Jackson pair...

Got her this afternoon and I am VERY impressed to say the least. Naturally, the seller loosened the strings quite a bit to avoid stress on the neck for travel purposes, but she was easy to set up in no time. The auction showed a few little dings on the ends, but they are on the back side and are pretty insignificant for $400. The Duncans (Jazz set..as usual) are nice, but will likely change to Dimarzio eventually. This neck is so incredibly smooth and the frets are in perfect shape. The alder body is actually a tiny bit heavier than my basswood Adrian, but not enough to really make a huge impact. I know it's been debated by many that tonewoods are a myth, but I swear that a maple board makes notes "chime" so much brighter to me. Plays very comfortably sitting down as well. This is why I don't have a V/Rhoads these days. The seller wasn't kidding when he said that this was in like new condition (apart from the two dings of course). I would certainly put this up against any Ibby or ESP out there and I haven't been able to put it down since this afternoon. With the exception of posting here for you JCF folks, of course.

It also came with the huge older Jackson case as opposed to the newer, more shapely ones.

Four hundred bones....I'm more than satisfied!! She also looks nice next to my Adrian Smith SDX.

Wow, that is hot! And for 400 bucks!

You did well!

Comment

Another (slightly more artistic) pic of my Jacksons. Granted, I don't have the collection that some of you have (my wife would have me sleeping in the garage if I did), but these two just work perfectly for me.

Comment

Gorgeous, I love maple myself too.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Looks awesome, congrats!
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Nice find! Love it man! I have to say it's the first time I've seen one of these. Love those necks.

Comment

Thats a sweet axe . I was thinking of getting it, but I thought I would let some JCF'ers have a chance at it. Looks great.
              Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
              Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Thanks to all for the compliments!

Comment

Killer Dude! I have Always thought the Kelly Body was the S-I-C-K-E-S-T! I Love mine. Enjoy it...It's One Bad Axe! Take It Easy....
                  Last edited by axe dude; 02-09-2013, 12:20 AM.
                  *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
                  *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
                  *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
                  Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
                  *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
                  *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
                  *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
                  *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Thanks, Axe Dude! Kellys just seem to feel so comfortable and "right". Moreso than any explorer-style body I've played. Yours is pretty sweet as well!!

Comment

Working...
                    X