No announcement yet.

Jackson Adrian Smith SDX problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VitaminG, yes I know there are times when guitars are shimmed from the factory. I actually had a MIM Strat with a shim...but it was to raise height. I'll admit I've only removed the neck off maybe only 20 guitars (Fenders/Charvels/Jacksons) but i've never encountered one with a shim to correct the string's location on the fretboard. And maybe I did speak to soon on the tight neck pockets...I currently have two MIJ Jacksons, two MIJ Charvels, a MIA Charvel, and a Squier Strat....i was able to squeeze a sheet of paper in the side of the neck pocket on one of them.

Comment

I wasn't talking about a shim to correct the string alignment - only a minute movement within the neck pocket is required. Once the neck bolts are tightened, it shouldn't move again. I just brought up shims as an example of guitars needing tiny adjustments before they leave the factory
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        loosen the neck bolts slightly. Push the neck towards the floor until the E strings are the same distance from the edge of the fretboard. Retighten the bolts.
        My tech told me the same thing when i took the guitar to him,but decided it would be better if i sent it back.Worked out best for me because i took the money and added some more and scored a 1990 Soloist Pro!

Comment

Working...
        X