No announcement yet.

Jackson SDX Transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Logo is a decal and so are the fret marker dots,And the pickup decals,the lo pro was just for show,Original floyd is on the way from ebay

Comment

It's looking pretty good so far. After you put the correct black R3 nut on there, I'd recommend the following tweaks to your build:

- Try to track down a black FRT-02000 trem to use instead of the chrome OFR
      - Carefully peel off the chrome Jackson decal, taking care to not tear the black logo underneath
      - These models sound really killer with Jackson humbuckers and Jackson single coils, so try a set of those (in black)
      - Slowly work your way down the fingerboard removing each and every chrome inlay decal. Some fretboard cleaner can be used to remove glue residue.
      - Before wiring up the Jackson pups, purchase a H-S-S pickguard in black. You can dremel a S-S-S guard in a pinch.
      - Black tuners and knobs maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        It's looking pretty good so far. After you put the correct black R3 nut on there, I'd recommend the following tweaks to your build:

- Try to track down a black FRT-02000 trem to use instead of the chrome OFR
        - Carefully peel off the chrome Jackson decal, taking care to not tear the black logo underneath
        - These models sound really killer with Jackson humbuckers and Jackson single coils, so try a set of those (in black)
        - Slowly work your way down the fingerboard removing each and every chrome inlay decal. Some fretboard cleaner can be used to remove glue residue.
        - Before wiring up the Jackson pups, purchase a H-S-S pickguard in black. You can dremel a S-S-S guard in a pinch.
        - Black tuners and knobs maybe?
        +1 This one looks nice.
        Last edited by jacksonaxes; 02-12-2013, 12:24 AM.
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Now I remember why I don't post on forms

Comment

Hey cool!

Looks like you figured out how to post pictures.

Don't let it get you down - do what you want. You only live one.

The only comment I'd say is instead of taking a AS sig guitar and doing the mods, I might have started with a cheaper guitar or parts.

Comment

Working...
            X