Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya learn something old every day

Somewhat in the vain of this old thread

I sometimes wondered why my Charvel Plus and Jackson XL Fusions played so 'well' from the moment I held them
    When this evening, while I was sorting out old papers, I came across the receipt of my first Jackson bought in '97
    I traded it in for my Ibanez RG in '98 which was my sole workhorse for the next 3 years

I was pleasantly surprised that I once was the proud owner of a Jackson Fusion SS, instead of what I always thought to have been a PS2 with aftermarket bridge p'up
    (Life, worries -and the occasional alcohol binge to forget both- totally made me forget the model over the years)

Well, I guess that probably explains why I had such a familiar feel with the later fusions I bought

And to honor my old lost friend, having nostalgic memories of that old axe having a killer bridge sound for 15 years
    (youthful ignorance and inexperience there, though it did sound better than the Ibanez while it had its oem p'ups),
    I'm gonna throw the stock J85 back into the XL (being basically an upgraded SS)
    (can't be worse than the Super D in it now .......I hope )
    Last edited by Nightbat; 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM.
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

nice, man. So that golden Performer turned out to be a Professional The SSs are good guitars. I've got a couple.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

IMO, this underscores the importance of manufacturers clearly labeling their various models, either on the front of the head like Ibby does with the RG/EX/etc models, or on the back of the head if they're worried about having a thousand different headstock caps lying around.

Granted you're not likely to confuse a DK with a WR, but those years of 5 different SuperStrat-types (DK, Fusion, SDK, Concept, DX, etc) have resulted in a mountain of confusion as time goes on. By comparison, the Model series was fairly easy to keep sorted. The Jackson Dinky variants over the years typically had minute differences, like stock hardware color. Swap satin chrome for black and you get either the next model up in that series or a model of a totally different year!
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah if it wasn't for the receipt, I'd be wondering 'till judgement day

Jackson's catalog has been confusing I guess since the introduction of the professionals
        with the arrival of the new pro's and custom selects, things are gonna get worse
        (for instance: I have an RR1 USA Select w/ snakeskin finish, which after limiting the finish options is possible again, but this time as Custom select)
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
        X