Need help with Jackson Stars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Jackson Stars...

So I was at a pawn shop today and noticed they had a Jackson Stars guitar. I didn't take any pics unfortunately.
    Its a dinky with natural finish. Chrome hardware/tuners and floyd rose. EMG Hz pick ups.
    They said $525 for it....The head stock was painted black... Does anybody have any ideas? The "Stars" looks pretty big next to the
    Jackson logo. Is it the real deal? Chrome bolt on plate with serial number 9814785. Piranha inlays

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by HumanMachine; 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM.

I can't imagine there are many Jackson Stars fakes out there.

Sounds real

Comment

Ron?
      Paging RacerX!

Comment

So I went back and snagged some pictures.

Comment

Looks sweet!
          I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.
          Arch top, recessed trem, and revvie headstock are all qualities I like.

I cannot authenticate or verify though.

Comment

Looks nice, but the logo does look funny to me. As you said stars looks really big. Also what is up with the top of the "k" going over the edge of the headstock. It may be real,sorry i cant help, but does look a little off to me. Almost a dkmg but no recessed knobs.

Edit-if you look at audiozones page the logo doesnt look like that http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/JacksonStars.htm

There are a few owners of some Jackson Stars here as a matter of fact a few threads below this one you can see one. The logo may be different due to being a reverse headstock but in this thread theres a rev headstock and logo doesnt look like that http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/752...on-stars/page2
            Last edited by jdr94; 03-04-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

A little overpriced for a MIJ Dinky
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                A little overpriced for a MIJ Dinky
                +1. At a pawn shop I'd pay $250 tops. Maybe a little more with case.

This to me looks like a run of the mill DKMG BEFORE they got upgraded to real EMGs and black hardware. Typically those can be had as low as $200.

Comment

Yeah the more i look at it, the black gloss on the headstock looks as though a previous owner sanded away just enough to get rid of the ® then added stars and glossed it. dont know why anyone would do that but it would explain why the top of the k rolls off the edge. It may just be the angle, but jackson and stars almost look to be two different shades

Edit- now i see what you mean by painted black. Its painted over the binding. Ima say its a fake stars but a real jackson. Again im just talkin out my ass cause i have no facts to back it, just seems suspect to me.
                  Last edited by jdr94; 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

This to me looks like a run of the mill DKMG BEFORE they got upgraded to real EMGs and black hardware. Typically those can be had as low as $200.
                    Yup i had said looks like a dkmg w/o the recessed knobs but forgot the flametops didnt have recessed knobs.

Comment

I also don't like the fact that the plate with serial number has no logo or trademark or any markings on the back of the tuners. It's says Takeuchi made in Japan third picture. The the backing plate on the back of the body aren't 100 percent flush. The headstock logo issue is still bothering me a lot. Dare I say counterfeit? My sls3mg and rr5 appear to be far better in quality. Things just don't add up with this Stars guitar. What's does the trs-101 on the trem stand for?

Comment

Takeuchi's Retarded Schaller 101
                        Ha ha ha just kidding. I dont know. doesnt seem any different than the jt-580. Maybe cheaper metal, maybe better metal. I had one on something years ago and didnt care for it. The no logo plate is normal for a certain period of imports. I just think it may have been a dkmg. Someone put that chrome crap hardware on it (no logo tuners, plate, etc) then tried to make it look semi custom.

Comment

Maybe it was this guys guitar at some point.
                          http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=271156796872
                          He has custom dkmg's "upgraded" with a trs101. Ha ha. I read somewhere that models sold in the US and EU had the jt 580/lp while the ones sold in Japan came with trs 101. C'mon RacerX tell him the model and all by the serial before i fill this thread with nonsense

Comment

Jdr94- thanks for all the links. Its hard finding info on those Stars. Takeuchi Retarded schaller..ha ha.

Comment

Update: So I decided not to buy the guitar. Maybe somebody else can give it a good home. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X