No announcement yet.

Jackson DX10D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry.. we don't condone ripping people off.
    An MII DX10D is easily identifiable by both the serial number (more than six digits with a leading 0) and the control layout.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Sorry.. we don't condone ripping people off.
      An MII DX10D is easily identifiable by both the serial number (more than six digits with a leading 0) and the control layout.
      Neither do I. That was a test and you passed. What if I told the pawnshop they ripped me off with their lack of guitar knowledge?

So, since the serial number has 8 digits and begins with a 0, and there's a volume and a tone with a 5-way blade, you can guarantee it's a 2000 MII DX10D?
      Gear:
      Ibanez RG421 - Jackson JTX - Peavey Vypyr 15

Gear I want:
      Korina Flying V in Alpine White - Les Paul flame-top in heritage cherry sunburst - Silverburst SG - Mockingbird STQ in trans purple

Comment

Originally posted by jjfeu662 View Post
        Neither do I. That was a test and you passed. What if I told the pawnshop they ripped me off with their lack of guitar knowledge?

So, since the serial number has 8 digits and begins with a 0, and there's a volume and a tone with a 5-way blade, you can guarantee it's a 2000 MII DX10D?
        In short... Yup.

Ron (RacerX) has been tracking import serials for a long time.
        If he says it's a 2000 DX10D, there's a 99% probability he is correct.
        Last edited by rjohnstone; 05-23-2013, 10:26 PM.
        -Rick

Comment

I'm posting in your UG thread, and I'm posting in this one too. This could get confusing!

I'm surprised at hearing how much the guys reckon you overpaid by, but that's probably because I'm used to everything being more expensive on this side of the pond. It must be especially annoying considering the trem's had its socket removed.
          I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

So... since it's only worth $100, how much would putting a Schaller and Dimarzio Super Distortion (what neck pickup would go with that?) cost me?
            Gear:

Gear I want:
            Korina Flying V in Alpine White - Les Paul flame-top in heritage cherry sunburst - Silverburst SG - Mockingbird STQ in trans purple

Comment

Originally posted by jjfeu662 View Post
              So... since it's only worth $100, how much would putting a Schaller and Dimarzio Super Distortion (what neck pickup would go with that?) cost me?
              If you like the way the guitar plays, what it's financially worth is moot.
              A Schaller bridge will run you about $150 and the SD roughly $50 to $80 depending on if you buy new or used.

I've dumped a lot of money into guitars that are not worth a whole lot.
              I have a Austin LP copy that costs me all of $200 new. I've put nearly twice that much into it replacing the pickups, wiring and bridge.
              Why? The guitar plays fantastic. A gem among turds if you will.

Remember... you will never get back the money you put into it if you sell it later.
              So you have to ask yourself, is the guitar worth it to YOU to invest in the parts to make it better.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                If you like the way the guitar plays, what it's financially worth is moot.
                A Schaller bridge will run you about $150 and the SD roughly $50 to $80 depending on if you buy new or used.

I've dumped a lot of money into guitars that are not worth a whole lot.
                I have a Austin LP copy that costs me all of $200 new. I've put nearly twice that much into it replacing the pickups, wiring and bridge.
                Why? The guitar plays fantastic. A gem among turds if you will.

Remember... you will never get back the money you put into it if you sell it later.
                So you have to ask yourself, is the guitar worth it to YOU to invest in the parts to make it better.
                I could get another, better Dinky for the cost of upgrading this one. I'll decide what I want to do when I get the whammy bar and straploks I ordered online.
                Gear:

Gear I want:

Comment

1) I figured out what's wrong with the tremolo arm: It's missing the housing. Anyone know where I can get just the housing?

2) It wouldn't be ripping someone off if I traded them this plus a 10-watt amp for an Ibanez S520EX, the MIK version, would it?
                  Gear:

Gear I want:

Comment

Working...
                  X