Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My newest Jackson in crimson Swirl, I think a Dinky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest Jackson in crimson Swirl, I think a Dinky.

New member here, just wanted to show my guitar here and see what you guys think about it and possibly what model. Im almost positive its a dinky and not a soloist, but what model I have no clue and hoping you all could chime in and tell me more about it. The pickups are EMG-Xs. Its apparently a 1997, back of the neck plate says 9727373. Hopefully the images link works. Enjoy

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
    Last edited by Matu02ca; 08-05-2013, 01:10 PM.

Looks like a DK2 with an added pickguard and replaced pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Matu02ca View Post
      Im almost positive its a dinky and not a soloist

http://imgur.com/a/SxHlo#0
      Of course it's not a Soloist... those are neck-thru.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That serial number should be 2004-2005.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

It's a mutt for sure, DK2 neck, DK2M body & for some clinically insane reason, that god awful pickguard covering half of a great finish, wtf?

Still a great guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
            It's a mutt for sure, DK2 neck, DK2M body & for some clinically insane reason, that god awful pickguard covering half of a great finish, wtf?
            Might be a DK2 body with the pickguard covering up the routing job. The best way to tell would be to remove the guard and have a look.

Comment

Cool Axe brother...but the pickguard has to go Dude! LOL!! Just my opinion...\m/
              *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
              *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
              *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
              Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
              *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
              *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
              *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
              *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Might be a DK2 body with the pickguard covering up the routing job. The best way to tell would be to remove the guard and have a look.
                It is an M body due to the lower cutaway having the carve out, the dk2 doesnt have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                  It is an M body due to the lower cutaway having the carve out, the dk2 doesnt have that.
                  Some do have that.

Comment

there ya go...examples of both a dk2 and dk2m with the cutaway on the treble horn...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

neat guitar btw...i odn't care for the pickguard but thats a good price especially if she's not really messed up under the pickguard...could very well be a dk2m body with no additional routing ynderneath...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks for all the input everyone. I personally really like the pickguard look to it, especially it being a pearl one, I find it blends well but that's just me lol. The previous owner also must have had the strap screw on the top of the upper horn at one point and then filled again which is kinda shitty but oh well. I got the guitar for $60 cheaper as it was a friend at the pawn shop that sold it to me in the midst of an unhappy customer drooling over it for a good 30 mins and trying to talk them down in price(which didnt work for him at all). Im pretty sure I got it for 231 plus tax. IMO a very sharp guitar. Its my second Jackson, the other one also being a "mutt", which ill have to show you guys pics of and we can figure out all the parts etc.

My other Jackson from what I was told by the previous owner(traded him an ibanez RG350*white* for it) its also a body from one guitar, neck(reverse headstock) from another. EMG 81 and 85, made to be based on a DKMG i believe, cuz it was done before that actual model came out from jackson if I remember right. Whatever the combination is for this guitar, the actual model supposedly came out later. but the body was originally a standard strat style trem and was hacked all to shit for the addition of a floyd. It was done by a few teenagers for a project guitar I guess. It hurts to look under the trem but im really happy with it, probably gonna keep it for many years.. Its in a nice orange flametop.
                        Last edited by Matu02ca; 08-05-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I do apologize toe, it seems to be just the trans finish that doesn't have the cutaway

Comment

A lot of people used to think the cutaways were on only Fusions, but there are quite a few Dinkies out there with them and at least one Fusion without.

As far as this one, could be either model H/H or H/S/S, maybe someone just wanted the look of a pickguard.

Comment

For my other mutt Jackson dinky, should I just throw the pics in here or make a new thread?
                              Last edited by Matu02ca; 08-09-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X