A little help locating some parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help locating some parts!

Hey guys, so here's my dilemma. I'm trying to part together a dinky. The reason being Jackson doesn't make a guitar with the pickups, hardware, and electronics I like, but I could easily install them into a dinky! Plus it's my favorite kind of guitar. I've been having difficulty locating a neck and a body on e-bay. So what I'm looking for is a 24 fret maple/rosewood locking-nut neck with shark-fin inlays. I'm pretty sure that the DK2S is the only neck like that. As for the body I'd like to have a transparent black or just regular black one. HH HSS acceptable. Locking vibrato rout. V/T/5-Way. Anyone selling or know where I could get these?

Thanks!

-HM

you just described a DK2, made in japan, recently discontinued, but they have been made for over 10 years, so they should be relatively easy to come by
    not sure of a good price on one, but heres one:

the DK2S is a variant of the DK2, but with a sustainer in the neck position, S = Sustainiac

Comment

Thanks for the link my friend! I'm trying to keep the cost down below that one, by just getting the neck and body. I have all the parts I want to install already FR-Pro/Duncan Pups/Bourns volume pot/Shadow Kill Pot/Sperzel tuners. These are what I use on my main guitar -whatever it may be- so I would just transfer them as I have before.

My main guitar now is a 22 fret and I'm getting the 24th fret itch!

Keep me posted if you hear anything everyone! She'll be a screamer when she's put together and I'll make sure to get you guys some photos when she's done.

-HM

Comment

Yeah, a DK2 is probably your best bet. Where are you? That ebay ad is in Australia.. Prices are usually way high outside of the US. Just for info, There's different versions of DK2. Older ones (pre 2004 I think) had chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pickups. Later they have black hardware and real Duncans (JB, STK1, STK1). Your easiest route would be get a DK2, and mod depending on which you get. I mean, if you can get the DK2 with everything you want for $200-300 and swap a bridge and a pot, why do extra work for nothing..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Be patient, the new JS necks are spec'd just like a DK2, and would surely be cheaper secondhand than DK2's.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I suppose this is somewhat true. I just gotta find one at a good price in good condition. I'm in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
              Yeah, a DK2 is probably your best bet. Where are you? That ebay ad is in Australia.. Prices are usually way high outside of the US. Just for info, There's different versions of DK2. Older ones (pre 2004 I think) had chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pickups. Later they have black hardware and real Duncans (JB, STK1, STK1). Your easiest route would be get a DK2, and mod depending on which you get. I mean, if you can get the DK2 with everything you want for $200-300 and swap a bridge and a pot, why do extra work for nothing..
              I suppose this is true. I just have to find one at a good price in good condition. I'm in the U.S.

Comment

For some reason that ebay listing above is from ebay Australia, but the guitar is listed as being in Kentucky....

Here's the same guitar on ebay US:

But, yes, that is an average price for a DK2 here in Aus. I just paid $500 for one, and paid another $100 for shipping from one side of the country to the other!
                A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
                X