Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
    Thought the RR5s had a bound fretboard and Duncan's in them
    JB/Jazz pups. There were a handfull made with binding, right near the end of Japanese production. The FRs only I think. I have a KV5FR with binding in bolted steel, and IIRC a couple other guys here do too.

Does it have a battery box?
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

No there were a few new ones with hardtails also in the rhoads colours hanging around on shopfloors in the last two years. Asking price wasn't budging off the RRP though and now it seems the crackheads have scored them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACKSON-RR5-...item2a35c9da9e Yeah I think binding was the last year of production, or for one year towards the end of production IIRC, possibly 2010
      You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Lack of binding was a major turn off for the RR5 line... they got it at the end of production, but by then it was too little too late. Theyre great guitars though, Ive got an old RR5 pinstripe ivory and a new RR5FR (same as pink one but in black) and theyre both awesome. Sorry, but the new X series junk cant compare to them. The Chinese stuff is ok, but the made in India stuff is mostly garbage, as to be expected.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I always dug the RR5 but never got one though. I agree about the lack of binding. Still, it was a nice import and most came with gold hardware, which I like.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            Lack of binding was a major turn off for the RR5 line... they got it at the end of production, but by then it was too little too late. Theyre great guitars though, Ive got an old RR5 pinstripe ivory and a new RR5FR (same as pink one but in black) and theyre both awesome. Sorry, but the new X series junk cant compare to them. The Chinese stuff is ok, but the made in India stuff is mostly garbage, as to be expected.
            I have two MII RRXMGs, a MIJ Soloist Pro and a RR1. My opinion is that those RRXMGs are not "garbage" in any way compared to more expensive Jacksons. In fact I like them more than my RR1 because their necks are thinner and neck joint has better shape and upper fret access is easier. They have no MOP inlays and no ebony fretboard but playability is great.
            My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Working...
            X