Jackson RR5 MIJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR5 MIJ

Just saw this guitar at the local guitar shop for $449.99 CAD case included. Should I go for it? Comes with EMG X pickups.

How is the quality on these compare to the USAs?

Serial# 084336

2014-01-02 16.57.29.jpg
    Last edited by NoWisdom; 01-03-2014, 12:31 PM.

rr5s are great guitars. not up to a usa made one but close enough.

Comment

Seems nice, and a decent deal. I'd go for it.
      Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Did the Japanese ones ever come in that color and with X series pickups? If they did those would be near the end of that factory I believe. If it is a Japanese RR5, it will be a well built guitar for the most part. Give it a good play to make sure there aren't any playability issues.

The quality is definitely a tier down from USA, but they are good guitars. Like any guitar though there are gems and dogs.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The serial# certainly looks like a 2008 Japanese made, neck thru guitar.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thought the RR5s had a bound fretboard and Duncan's in them
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
              Forgot to mentioned its used, so whoever traded it in probably swap the pups

Comment

Just noticed the tremolo...quite sure its a 2008 Japanese RR5FR in Metallic Pink w/Silver Bevels.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I would think that anyone that would want a flaming pink v would want the real one too.

But, to answer the question.
                  Its a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                    I would think that anyone that would want a flaming pink v would want the real one too.

But, to answer the question.
                    Its a fair price.
                    Why not flaming pink at a cheap price at least if I get sick of it, I haven't lost much.

Comment

To me, that color on a Jackson, particularly a V, represents the 80's. Vinnie Vincent. The flashy color and style of overindulgence. More notes. More volume. More this. More that.

Hi, look at my starcaster. I'm cool.

Comment

Dude!! Lighten up! lol.
                        Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                        To me, that color on a Jackson, particularly a V, represents the 80's. Vinnie Vincent. The flashy color and style of overindulgence. More notes. More volume. More this. More that.

Hi, look at my starcaster. I'm cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                          Don't know about the later ones but most of the RR5's I've seen did not have binding which was a major turn off for me.

Comment

I would wait and take a look at the X series Rhoads since they have binding and might even be cheaper than that. Sure, they're not made in Japan, but who cares? I've had quite a few MIJ Jacksons over the past few years and I think the MIC Charvel Star is as good as any of the similarly specced MIJ ones.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I believe I see a silver X series Rhoads in the back...

Comment

Working...
                              X