Jackson Warrior Experts needed for ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Warrior Experts needed for ID

Hey guys, I have come across one that has me stumped as of now. Sadly no pic to post yet, but I can give an accurate description.

Year is unknown as of yet. This is a warrior (obviously) it is neck thru, It is electric blue in color. It has a bound neck with sharkies, H-H pickup config, Regular headstock, typical toothpaste Jackson logo (but no made in the usa lettering), it appears to have the nicer 590 trem, black hardware.

I am assuming its not a usa built model since it is sans lettering but seems to have every other option associated with a WR-1. I know it isnt the Warrior pro from the 90's as it doesnt have the angled fretboard end and pickups. It also does not seem to be one of the new X series as it has the regular headstock and I haven't found one in that color yet plus a different trem.

Any ideas? maybe an overseas only release? or some big box store "special edition"

Thanks in advance

I need photo(s).
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

is like that? http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACKSON-PROF...item19e77cb80f

Comment

That is the one, I wasn't sure you could post links to the evil site so I didn't. I was sure it was mislabeled anyway as there is no professional script on the headstock and it didnt have the angled pickups and fretboard as mentioned.

Comment

That's Japanese.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Hmm, could be a limited edition WRXMG, MII.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm thinking JacksonStars that some idiot scraped the "Stars" off of. What's the serial number? If it's 6 digits, without a "J" in front, it's most likely a JacksonStars, though I'm not sure how many digits the MII neckthroughs have.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                I'm thinking JacksonStars that some idiot scraped the "Stars" off of. What's the serial number? If it's 6 digits, without a "J" in front, it's most likely a JacksonStars, though I'm not sure how many digits the MII neckthroughs have.
                I checked out the Jackson stars catalogs and at first glance I figured you were exactly right, but looking a little closer it appears the Jackson on the headstock is quite a bit larger than the font they use on the stars version. But the specs of the guitars seem to match, although Im not sure of the body wood on the one in question. One other thing of note, I got the serial number it is 6 digits but starts with 00xxxx, which matches it up with a 1990 model, unless the stars serial numbers starting in 04' also began with 00?

Comment

01xxxx is for a Japanese 2001 neck thru model so 00xxxx should/could be 2000. Doesn't help with the model though...
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Replacement logo. 00 serial would put it as 2000, same as my JacksonStars NASL-160s, but I'm unsure if they were doing Warriors at that time other than bolt on.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

OK...thanks. I was using the jackson site for the serial info, but i do see that was for bolt on models back in the early 90's.

Comment

Are you quite sure the serial number doesn't start with a U, like off to the side and not directly against the others? I'm looking at the 2000 USA Catalog and the 2-hum Warrior is not listed in the table of contents or shown in the catalog. I'm not sure when it became a USA Select, though. It's in the Custom Shop page of the '99 catalog, but not in the USA Select pages.

I'm looking at the Ebay listing, and the board definitely looks like rosewood, but I've got striped ebony boards that do as well (though not that light under my house lighting). Are the backplates plastic or brushed aluminum? The trem could have been swapped for a 590, but metal vs plastic plates is another story.

Comment

Wasn't 2001 when the import Warriors were reissued (WRXT bolt on)...the first import Warrior since the early '90s? Maybe there was a limited number of neck thru guitars offered to 'celebrate' the occasion. Made in Japan, late 2000-01.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

It was a USA Select long before it was a bolt-on import (a couple of years IIRC), and though it's possible they did a limited run of neckthrough imports, I find it extremely unlikely since the 1990-91 models cleaned their clocks. The original was a commercial flop, and AFAIK, it was originally dropped in 1991, with none being made in '92. It only became a USA Select after several CS orders throughout the late 90s, and it had to have been enough of those to warrant its 2-hum 25.5" comeback.

This guitar definitely has me stumped, though I'm no expert. It has to be a re-logoed J-Stars TN-02 (rosewood, made just before "the end"), or a very early version/prototype of the newer Southeast Asian neckthrough model, though I suspect the serial should have more digits for that to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              It was a USA Select long before it was a bolt-on import (a couple of years IIRC)
                              I thought the import WRXT was first. I remember Ken saying that he tried one and thought it was weird as it didn't have bevels at first, or the bevels were different or some shit.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X