No announcement yet.

Good deal on a warrior professional xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently purchased this guitar from Zoo Music here in Ft Worth! It seems like a great neck thru, Japanese made, Jackson Warrior. I still have no idea what series it is. If pictures would help to identify it I will post some this evening after work.

Comment

That'd be great, there may be some clues revealed somewhere on the guitar.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post

Don't overlook the possibility of it being a china knockoff ether. Like the firebird our member KingV here bought from rareelctricguitars for like 400 bucks. It was neckthru, rosewood board crappy floyd, etc etc....

If you look at their Vinnie Vincent V it has a Jackson branded floyd,, so like Matt said, you can't say it's this year or that by what hardware is on it,,,all that can and does get swapped all the time.

Just sayin

MOSHON
        DAVE
        I was not aware of Chinese fakes for these. I've seen the "horribly misshapen Warrior knockoffs" from that one place (back carve is totally wrong, etc) but wasn't aware they'd turned their gaze from Les Pauls to Jacksons. Time to bomb the fuck out of China
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wait! wait until me, my (real) jacksons and a few hotties get out
          Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Damn thats zoo music, I've been there before and they seemed like good people. They have a lot of old stock and are usually off peoples radars in the area for some reason. Also in a hard spot to get to
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Im kind of confused on the rules. Under Posting Permission it states that "you may not post attachments" I took pics of the guitar last night and I want to post them but don't want to break any rules.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You need to have the pics hosted somewhere, like on photobucket or something similar, then you can link them here.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here are some pics of the guitar. If you would like more pics let me know of what area and I will take and post them. http://s3.photobucket.com/user/into6...ckson%20guitar

Comment

Welcome
                    Originally posted by Embalmed View Post
                    Here are some pics of the guitar. If you would like more pics let me know of what area and I will take and post them.

How bout some good shots of the serial# and the inside of the trem+ control cavities.

MOSHON
                    DAVE
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I'll take pics of the serial and the insides this evening or tomorrow morning. I also own a Sam Ash Exclusive archtop guitar that has the same type of 6 digit serial number on the last fret just like the Warrior. I'll take a pic of both to be able to compare them.

Comment

Nice score, I’ve been GASing for a warrior, and that would have fit the bill nicely!
                        But dude! Whip out the nice camera and take some close–ups so we can see this rare bird.
                        Anyway Congrats!
                        Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

It'd be nice if Jackson would stamp the back of the head with dealer initials for limited runs. Would help sorting things out on the used market.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted better pics of the guitar. I am assuming that this must have been a limited edition maybe Guitar Center or Sam Ash exclusive guitar? I really wish I could find more info on it. I really like these neck thru Japanese Jackson guitars! I will get better pics up this weekend.

Comment

May be a long shot, but, try contacting some larger dealers...Musicians Friend, Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc... and ask if an exclusive run of Warriors was released in 2000.
                              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                              X