No announcement yet.

Info needed on DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the OP I'd say go with the bottom picture, that one looks like the bar on my Dk2m. I've never seen the top one before. Just what im thinking though.
    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Takeuchi trems haven't been on Jacksons since 2002 I think useless they brought them back. I like duncan designed pickups I don't know why people complain about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        Takeuchi trems haven't been on Jacksons since 2002 I think useless they brought them back. I like duncan designed pickups I don't know why people complain about them.
        I could have sworn Takeuchi still made the trems.
        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

the Stew Mac/Frets On The Net bar also comes with the socket in case you need/want to replace the one in the trem. This will assure that it actually fits and stays snug.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Crowley View Post
            Okay, so I'm a little confused by the different tremolo bars. The ones from Stew Mac and fretsonthenet seem to come with an extra piece (a socket?), like this…

Stew Mac/Frets On The Net

where the on ebay and guitarfetish don't seem to have that piece.

guitarfetish/ebay

Would it be better to get the ones with the socket or does it matter?

Oh, and thanks again for all the replies/help. I really appreciate it.

I've always been told it is called a barrel.

Depending on price, getting the barrel is a good option. Sometimes, when people think the bar went bad, it was actually the barrel. Plus, you do not need to buy a bar that matches the trem because the part the needs to match is actually the barrel.
            The barrel is 'permanently' attached. The bar goes in the barrel.

The bar needs to match the barrel. The barrel needs to match the trem.
            If they already replaced the barrel, your replacement bar may not match.

Comment

im pretty sure rich is correct. havent seen a takeuchi on a newer jackson, but regardless the jt580lp is a solid trem although some floyd snobs will say otherwise lol. i know the takeuchi 580 had the screw in bar cant remember if the takeuchi 580lps did tho. as for price they go for anywhere from $250-$350 from what ive seen

Comment

Shit.. oops.. In my post above I meant BARREL/SOCKET, not collar. Sorry.. Most accurate way (for me) would be to get the bar WITH the barrel/socket so you're sure you have what fits tight. But you'll have to remove the bridge to replace the socket if needed. And you may have to drill the hole in the baseplate bigger for the new socket. That's what I meant before. The Guitar Fetish one may fit.. I've never used one so don't know..
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  Duncan Designed pickups sound terrible IMO but too each their own

not only do they have no balls.. they are harmonically unpleasant .. now I mainly speaking about the hb102 humbucker as the single coil is ok sounding.. not bad but not great

Once I changed the rear humbucker out.. my guitar came to life..

and the 580LP is indeed a good tremelo to all that might say otherwise
                  GEAR:
                  #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                  #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                  #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                  #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                  #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                  AMPS:
                  1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                  ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Duncan Designed pickups sound terrible IMO but too each their own

not only do they have no balls.. they are harmonically unpleasant .. now I mainly speaking about the hb102 humbucker as the single coil is ok sounding.. not bad but not great

Once I changed the rear humbucker out.. my guitar came to life..
                    I love the 103s that are modeled after the distortion and have liked the 108s in afew guitars. The issue with the 102 is that it is modeled after a dead pickup. It might be the biggest selling after market pickup in history but I HATE the JB. So to me yes I hate the 102 too but I hate the one it copies too.
                    I actually had a set of 103s in my usa charvel for years.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                      I've always been told it is called a barrel.

Depending on price, getting the barrel is a good option. Sometimes, when people think the bar went bad, it was actually the barrel. Plus, you do not need to buy a bar that matches the trem because the part the needs to match is actually the barrel.
                      The barrel is 'permanently' attached. The bar goes in the barrel.

The bar needs to match the barrel. The barrel needs to match the trem.
                      If they already replaced the barrel, your replacement bar may not match.
                      Thanks, that was very helpful. I think I'm going to get the one with the barrel then. Makes sense.

Also, fyi I bought the DK2, and it should be here soon. I'll probably post a NGD for it when it arrives. Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X