Rewiring project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewiring project

ongoing mod that started by accident awhile back with the changing of the rear pup.. Amazing how accidents can inspire someone.. its taken awhile for my vision to fully materialize. I just really didnt want to add just any piece of hardware. so it took me awhile to figure out what I think would look and sound kool..

Well.. Im pretty broke most the time so even spending a hundred or 2 is weighed carefully..15 yr old sons B-day is coming up in a few weeks and I likes to eat and have lights.. Also.. my PC sometimes takes precedence over my music gear sometimes

I have decided (budgeted) to buy two single coils and once this is done.. The only thing original on this guitar will be the body and neck. I decided against Seymour Duncan or Dimazio for starters as I really wanted something different.. so, I decided to go with some Iron Gear SC's. Overwound Pig Iron for the middle and a smoke stack II for the neck..plan on ordering them tomorrow after work..

I drew up a wiring drawing that I am pleased with.. Like 2 or 3 revisions later..lol..As I was posting this, I thought I saw a mistake and opened up PSP and started to correct something.. then It dawned on me that everything was correct and I was fixing to fuck it up..

Here are how the controls will work:
    -push/push volume pot for neck and middle. pushing it activates either one coil or both
    -push/push volume pot for bridge.pushing it with bypass the volume or gives control back to the pot
    -push/pull master tone pot.. changes between two different cap values.
    Kill switch.. just send the signal to ground when the switch is flipped up

Currently I have my guitar wired for volume bypass,kill switch and multicap tone..I might actually scrap the the multi-cap tone idea though. I have it wired like that now and im kinda on the fence about keeping it. Going to try some push/push pots this time too..

5 way super switch
    1.neck
    2.neck+middle
    3.Middle
    4.Neck+Bridge
    5.Bridge
    Here is my diagram .. and yes I know the grounds are left off the PuP's.. Im lazy..

guitar is question...plays remarkably well and the rear PuP really has that "sound".. Im hoping the the new single coils and wiring will add to the awesomeness as well...

AND yea.. all the stuffed animals have names and play an instrument
    slick von Slithers (cobra) on rhythm guitar
    Dr. Ool(bear) on keys..
    Walter the Kuala on Drums
    Brontobaby (brontosaurus) on bass
    Twins (baby seals) on backup vocals

i also have an elephant named Humphrey as manager(not shown)

GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb
Working...
X