Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another identification (only exact year), please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another identification (only exact year), please :)

This is Jackson DK2, Made in Japan, serial number 9661191. Could anyone please tell me what year it was produced in?

Specs seem concurrent with Jackson '98-99. archived catalogs on Jackson website...

Thanks in advance

The only 'exact' date could/should be found stamped on the neck and or neck pocket. Comparing your number to others I've seen would make it 2000-01.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Matte silver or chrome hardware? Looks like an early 2000s with Duncan designs in it. Good guitars but may need pickups to be great
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Sounds like "so I can put it in my Ebay listing".
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Matte silver

It's not stamped anywhere on the neck, could be on the neck pocket. Not gonna rip it up to check though.

Anyone in a mood to give me a clue on how much it's worth now? Not gonna sell it, just curious...

Comment

That's what was meant by "on the neck" - it's on the heel and in the pocket, which means remove the trem springs from the back, remove the neck bolts, and read the stamps.

Selling it today would probably bring in a whopping $200 because it's an older satin chrome model with shit pickups compared to more recent models with real Duncans, which typically go for $250-$300.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Seed View Post
              Not gonna rip it up to check though.
              Ahhh...c'mon, how else will I know if I was correct?
              You would need to remove the neck to find any date stamps, though.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Ahhh...c'mon, how else will I know if I was correct?
                You would need to remove the neck to find any date stamps, though.
                +1 I would keep that. It's not worth selling a guitar that nice for such a small amount of cash. The only true way to date the guitar is in the neck pocket.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Yeah they aren't worth a lot at all but are an excellent foundation for upgrades, pickups, OFR swap will make it a badass and stay in tune for years.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                  X