Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npd/ngd

NEW PARTS DAY...

My stuff finally arrived like 30 minutes ago.. Now to build up the motivation to wire my guitar up.. Custom wiring as well.. something I dreamed up.. too a few revisions to get wanted but I think I finally have what I want... THEN this guitar will be completed and perfect.. i hope

NEW GUITAR DAY.. Well sorta

yesterday I had errands to run and when I was done I stopped by the local pawnshop.. and saw a guitar that caught my eye.. (try not to laugh) A fender squire.. cream color..maple neck.. I wanted a project guitar and I think I found it..I paid a tad much for it looking back considering its condition..( not bad but not great) $99 BUT I just gave them $10 to put it in law-a-way and ill get it out in a month or two...I have 4 months..LOL..

locking tuners and bridge will be changed to gold.. new pickgaurd .. possibly a graphite or roller nut...pickups and configuration will be changed s/s/s to H/S/H with a custom wiring scheme.. kill switch..coil split..phase..series/parallel.. humbuckers will probably have covers on them.. I just think humbuckers look sexy with covers

hopefully there is no WTF flaws once I give it a closer examination..the body does have flaws which is ok as I wanted something old looking BUT not relic'd.. Relic'ed the proper way

I did some googlin and as far as I can tell.. It might be a MIK 1994.. NK4181138

the serial doesnt really match any scheme I saw but according to some forums..its possibly a MIK '94
    GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

The mik squires are not a full sized body. They are slightly thinner, not a standard fender thickness. At least mine was.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      The mik squires are not a full sized body. They are slightly thinner, not a standard fender thickness. At least mine was.
      sry if I left out that the parts are for my dinky.. not my squire. Technically I haven't gotten my squire out a law-a-way yet and probably wont get it out for a month or so..

The pots I have are meant for a thick body guitar like an LP... Its highly possible that I accidentally picked them when I ordered. Allparts have some for 16 a pop..+ I still need one more QPART knob. only reason I got them from axetec was because I was trying to get all the parts from the same spot to save some on shipping..

I get paid tuesday.. so when I wake up, ill place an order to allparts and hopefully the parts will arrive by saturday

debating if I just want to wire the guitar up today and use the push/pull pots I have in her now.. and not add a tone..This will be temporary ofcourse ..an advantage of doing this is.. that when they new pots arrive.. it wont take no time to wire them in
      GEAR:

#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
      AMPS:
      1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's

Comment

Oh, I wasnt really thinking about the parts you got. I was just commenting that a lot of the mik squires had the thin body and therefore might not be such a good base for upgrades. I know it annoyed me so I sold mine instead of upgrading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          Oh, I wasnt really thinking about the parts you got. I was just commenting that a lot of the mik squires had the thin body and therefore might not be such a good base for upgrades. I know it annoyed me so I sold mine instead of upgrading it.

thx for the heads up.. once I get it.. ill put some new strings on it.. give it a basic setup and play it a bit..If I like the way it feels.. i will go ahead a get it the way i want it
          GEAR:

#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
          AMPS:

Comment

Working...
          X