Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would say was the best Jackson that came with a JT580-LP bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would say was the best Jackson that came with a JT580-LP bridge?

I love the feel of this bridge, even over a real low profile floyd but it typically came on low/mid level import models.

I've been googling some of the newer lines but a lot of online info gets abbreviated to "licensed jackson bridge" and doesn't refer to it specifically as 580LP

I had an old model DK2M and I think overall that was the best one I've owned that came equipped with it.

I mainly prefer V's... the Japanese KV3 or bolt on PDX come to mind as being JT580lp equipped.

Originally posted by thez0r View Post
    I love the feel of this bridge, even over a real low profile floyd but it typically came on low/mid level import models.

I've been googling some of the newer lines but a lot of online info gets abbreviated to "licensed jackson bridge" and doesn't refer to it specifically as 580LP

I had an old model DK2M and I think overall that was the best one I've owned that came equipped with it.

I mainly prefer V's... the Japanese KV3 or bolt on PDX come to mind as being JT580lp equipped.
    I love the 580lp on my dinky.. I wouldnt change it.. even for a "real" floyd. It just feels right
    GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Personally, I think the best ones that came with the 580LP were the mid 90's dinky's that had the square base plate.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
        Personally, I think the best ones that came with the 580LP were the mid 90's dinky's that had the square base plate.
        Abso-fucking-lutely! Put one on my modded Model 6.. Not just Dinky's though. My '94 Kelly XL has one.
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The Takeuchis were the best. The unmarked ones are not as good.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Fusion HH hands down. But my Dinky Reverses are the closest second.
            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
            A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

95 Jackson Professional Fusion Std because of the 24.75" scale really complements the jt 580 lp. It gives it a really loose feel. And string bending and flutters are like butter.
              You cannot kill the metal! The metal will live on!

Comment

Personnaly my favorite vibrato on a guitar is the one on my 95 soloist. Its the made in germany by schaller one. I believe it is the jt590. Correct me if im wrong though.
                You cannot kill the metal! The metal will live on!

Comment

My Fusion SX had been my workhorse for many years, short scale makes string bends a breeze, very durable bridge.

Of the later models, my main player is the DK2. As for V's with that trem, I'm well happy with the RR3.

Comment

I love my 92 Fusion HH and the 580lp in it was my #1 for a long time.
                    Has an OFR LP in it right now and to be honest I like the feeling of the 580 a bit better.
                    Tone wise the 580 is a bit deeper than the OFR LP. Why you ask? I have no idea.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

kelly xlr!!
                      dkmg!!

Comment

I always thought the 580lp was kind of stiff...

That being said, I love my DK2M

Comment

Working...
                        X