Anyone own a Soloist SLX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a Soloist SLX?

I'm looking to purchase a Soloist SLX in Black at some point. Does anyone own one? What things do you like and not like about it? I'm looking for a 24 fret locking tremolo guitar to knock around and play live, and this seems to be within my price range. Can't afford a US Soloist right now.

I had an SLXQ and loved/hated it. The trem was nice but the fret ends decided to pop sharp ends over night on me so has to file those. The rosewood needed a bit of darkening on mine. Was a bit light to me
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

The fret ends on the Indian Jacksons seriously suck. Every one I've picked up could take off a finger. Other then that the are descent.

Comment

I have an SLXQ and after some tweaking I seriously love it!

Dumped the crap HZ and installed some Dimarzio's as well as some FU-Tone.com OFR upgrades. Needed to dress the fret ends a bit too.

Killer neck thru for a ridiculous price!

Comment

Thanks guys, these sound like investment guitars. Quality to start but need some work out of the box. I'm torn between the green and black color, I'm not into the natural finish.

Comment

Green, definitely. Maybe wait til the new ones arrive, there's slime green, yellow & metallic red IIRC

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X