Trans Violet Stealth Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Violet Stealth Professional

Well, it's been almost a decade since I started looking for a Jackson Stealth Professional. I've come across plenty of EX, HX, LT, and XL's, but only maybe three Pro's and for various reasons, couldn't make it happen. I've been after the Trans Blue finish like the one coloradoman25 sold to AIC70.

I happened across a, what I believe to be, '91 Stealth Pro in Trans Violet with a Jackson/Charvel hardshell case and trem bar. I don't know if the case is original though. I have actually never seen a picture of this color anywhere. So it seems to be harder to come by than the Trans Blue. I find the serial number, 911030, odd as supposedly the Stealth's started in '92. Either way, this guitar is in amazing condition. The upper and lower horns and head stock have zero dings. There are no nicks in the finish anywhere. Of course there's pick rash and light surface scratches, but nothing out of the norm. The frets are hardly worn, the electronics are original, and there are no signs of repairs.

I spent some time cleaning everything and was surprised at just how much it cleaned up. The only thing I could find wrong with the guitar was a hairline crack at the upper neck pocket, which I've read is common.

Last edited by exposeenmity; 12-02-2023, 05:24 PM.

Very nice... I have never heard of or seen the Reflex pick-ups on a Jackson before. Are you sure they are original to the guitar?
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

Yes, the early Stealth's came with Reflex pickups. These are the Silver normal output ones, indicated by the silver dot to the right of the name, and some came with the Red high output. I really like the cleans, but I don't care for the distortion with these.

Comment

Originally posted by walshula View Post
        Very nice... I have never heard of or seen the Reflex pick-ups on a Jackson before. Are you sure they are original to the guitar?
        They were actually on a few Jacksons.

Nice guitar, indeed!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thank you both!

Is anyone able to provide insight regarding the serial number? I have come across so many instances on this and other forums of guitars that don't adhere to the scheme Jackson has on their site.

Comment

Though they don't appear until the 1992 catalogue, yours is probably one of the first produced and made in late '91.
            Just a guess.
            Originally posted by exposeenmity View Post
            Is anyone able to provide insight regarding the serial number?
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
            X