Question about value of a 2006 Jackson SL3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mantis View Post
    The D TUNA is a solid option but will it work in a Routed Floyd? Every guitar I have seen one on is a top mounted Floyd Rose like yours. I'd like to see the rest of your Jackson , kinda cool looking paint job you got there.
    Yeah I realized that right after I posted it. Yeah so my solution works for great me, but not for the OP. Sorry OP.

I need to do a photoshoot of the Rock Strat. I don't really have quality pics of it.

Comment

I've used a d-tuna on a recessed Floyd before. The Musicyo Kramers came with them and they were recessed without a cutout for them. They added those later
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I think you guys are wrong about the price. I saw some of those guitars in the 500-600 range and they are first off the older model with the Jackson Floyd Rose , not an original , so they are 2005 or older. They are also in banged up shape , I saw pic's of paint chips and some pretty bad scratches.

Mine looks brand new. I bet no one would know it was even played before as I took perfect care of it. I saw mint Black one on ebay going for $1069.00 which honestly that guitar is beautiful and worth it. Any SL3 owner will tell you how damn good these guitars are. you get so close to the quality of a SL1 which I played very much before I purchased the SL3. The Ebony fret board on the SL1 is very nice with the Mother of pearl outline. I really love that guitar but found so much value in the SL3 at about 1/2 the price.

So I will not sell it for $600. Someone already made me an offer I turned down and told him I would let it go for $800.00 shipped. I'm not going 1 cent lower then that I'll just keep it for anything less.
        I find it strange that the mint condition Jacksons don't in so manes opinions hold good value. $600 is a smack in the face IMO. Sorry I just can't believe thats how it's valued, I'm so not in.

Comment

I think you guys are wrong about the price. I saw some of those guitars in the 500-600 range and they are first off the older model with the Jackson Floyd Rose , not an original , so they are 2005 or older. They are also in banged up shape , I saw pic's of paint chips and some pretty bad scratches.

Mine looks brand new. I bet no one would know it was even played before as I took perfect care of it. I saw mint Black one on ebay going for $1069.00 which honestly that guitar is beautiful and worth it. Any SL3 owner will tell you how damn good these guitars are. you get so close to the quality of a SL1 which I played very much before I purchased the SL3. The Ebony fret board on the SL1 is very nice with the Mother of pearl outline. I really love that guitar but found so much value in the SL3 at about 1/2 the price.

So I will not sell it for $600. Someone already made me an offer I turned down and told him I would let it go for $800.00 shipped. I'm not going 1 cent lower then that I'll just keep it for anything less.
          I find it strange that the mint condition Jacksons don't in so manes opinions hold good value. $600 is a smack in the face IMO. Sorry I just can't believe thats how it's valued, I'm so not in.
          Its an Import dude, which I have nothing against (I own all imports) but Imported models don't hold that much value usually. And in the case of Jackson it has to be a certain one like a Pro from 90-93 for it to retain any value. It sucks I know man, my DK2M was at GC new in 2007 for $699 and now they don't fetch over $400. And speaking of SL3 a local shop by me took one on a trade and had a $750 price tag on it (set up and ready to go) and he sat on it forever.
          Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Guitars are lousy investments, I tell ya. Money pits I say. Say, if there's one thing that sucks ass, it's guitar resale values! You could find a gig bag with the stacks of money I've lost reselling guitars. I've lost big I proclaim!

Comment

Don't the 2006 and newer SL3's have a 1000 Series Floyd Rose, not an Original?
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

90-93 do indeed hold their value but keep in mind they are better guitars.MOP inlays,binding and ebony fingerboard.
                Not saying yous isn't a great guitar but thin veener top no binding, no MOP inlays and short cuts in the electronics quality all add up.
                90-93 are collectable yours is not.Just the facts.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  90-93 do indeed hold their value but keep in mind they are better guitars.MOP inlays,binding and ebony fingerboard.
                  Not saying yous isn't a great guitar but thin veener top no binding, no MOP inlays and short cuts in the electronics quality all add up.
                  90-93 are collectable yours is not.Just the facts.
                  I was informing him of this as well lol.
                  Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Beautiful guitar, keep it
                    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      Don't the 2006 and newer SL3's have a 1000 Series Floyd Rose, not an Original?
                      From the Spec's it's supposed to be a Original Floyd Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Guitars are lousy investments, I tell ya. Money pits I say. Say, if there's one thing that sucks ass, it's guitar resale values! You could find a gig bag with the stacks of money I've lost reselling guitars. I've lost big I proclaim!
                        I'm learning that as I haven't sold a Guitar in 15 years. I don't see anything changing for them which would warrant a premium for a newer model. This guitar as far as I know got premium parts on it. How much better of a Trem and Pickups can you get?
                        The Pots are the same exact Pots they use on the SL1 which at that time was flagship $3k Guitar.
                        I'm kinda thinking once you buy a guitar , it's yours for life unless someone is willing to pay what you want for it. I'm not giving mine away.

Comment

Just FYI, I showed a buddy of mine who owns a guitar shop pictures of your guitar and gave him the year and model. He then proceeded to look it up on several different websites he uses to determine the value of guitars. He told me that he would start out at $650.00 on it and probably end up selling it for $525 to $550 after several months. My advice is to keep it and play it. I've never sold a guitar in my life even though I have a couple that I don't play much. I just can't stand to part with them for so little money- though I'm certainly grateful to those who will.

Comment

Rule of thumb on used guitars USA and imports is you walk out the door with it its worth 50% of the retail or MAP price.
                            Sounds crazy but thats how it works.
                            People trying to sell guitars get pissed when you tell them I'll give you X dollars for it and they say hell I paid $1200.00 for it last year and never played it.
                            I tell them look I'll give you $500.00 because I won't be able to get much more than $600 if I'm lucky and I have to do all the work and pay ebay fees if I sell it there.
                            Nothing personal its a business.
                            Sometimes its better to sell to a friend or person that really wants that certain guitar.
                            I actually make more money fixing guitars than I do selling them.
                            Last edited by straycat; 05-07-2014, 01:23 AM.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The 2006 Jackson catalogue lists the tremolo as a FRT-02000.
                              From the Spec's it's supposed to be a Original Floyd Rose.
                              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                                The 2006 Jackson catalogue lists the tremolo as a FRT-02000.
                                What does that mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X