Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REQ] Help ID this Randy Rhoads V in Japan

Hello!

I live in Japan and discovered today a pretty nice looking Grover Jackson Randy Rhoads V guitar. I am having trouble figuring out whether it was made in Japan or not. I have links to the photos of the guitar I took in the store below.

Here are some notable features.

1. Serial "508192" is on back neck plate with words Grover Jackson written above it. Looks nice! See photos.

2. All hardware (knobs, tuners, etc) is black.

3. It has the Floyd Rose Tremelo system.

4. There are 24 frets that are jumbo with rosewood.

5. Pickups say "Grover Jackson" on them.

The price on this is about $210.00 USD. It seems very cheap to me, but very common that staff in these used shops around Japan don't know what they are doing or how to properly check the date of the guitars. This could be priced right , or it could be on the low side if made in Japan perhaps. I really have not idea. I asked the Japanese sales clerk and he didn't know anything at all...laugh.

Get the legal support you deserve with dedicated, experienced Lockbourne Family Lawyers. Providing outstanding legal support for divorce, child custody, high-asset divorce, & more. Free Consultations.

Get the legal support you deserve with dedicated, experienced Lockbourne Family Lawyers. Providing outstanding legal support for divorce, child custody, high-asset divorce, & more. Free Consultations.

So what do the "Grover Jackson" gurus think? Is this a MIJ or perhaps even a Made in India?

Gosh, to me it seems a good price just for the Floyd Rose and look alone...grin.

Thanks for any info. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jim in Japan
    Last edited by Ricoche; 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM.

Welcome. The Grover Jackson line was made in Japan for the Japanese market, it later turned into the Jackson Stars line.
    Your pics are not working, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

capitalize JPG in the photo links

Comment

Thanks everyone,

Indeed this forum is case sensitive with regards to image links. Thanks.

I have done some research and yes, this particular model was in fact made in Japan during 1995. The pickups are Grover Jackson signature, but really they are GOTOH pickups. There isn't of course a whole lot of info about this particular model, but from what I've read it's a pretty decent guitar it seems. I'll likely have another look today and probably will pick it up. I live right next door to a used guitar shop here in Japan and they get loads of interesting Tokai, Greco, Epiphone, Cool Z, History, Bacchus, etc guitars and basses. I'm also in the countryside, so most stuff is Made in Japan compared to what the mixed bag in Tokyo. It's interesting.

Thanks again! - Jim

http://jimatwood.net/GJRR1.JPG

Comment

Thanks for the reply and I fixed my links in the first post.

I have since done a bit of research and it appears that this particular guitar is indeed a Made in Japan "Grover Jackson" headstock version from 1995. The pickups look to be "Gotoh" pickups with the Grover Jackson name on top.

I may check the guitar out again today and pick it up if it plays nice. It's in pretty good condition and looks to be a fun guitar.

Also, here is a guy playing a guitar almost exactly the same as on the one in the store. This particular model is 1996 with different pickups. It's in Russian, but there are more pics of this 1996 Grover Jackson guitar made in Japan. http://www.japanguitar.ru/guitars/so...ackson-rr.html

Made in Japan.
          Year: 1995-2000.
          Deck: Poplar.
          Neck: Maple.
          Fingerboard: Rosewood.
          Bridge: Floyd Rose.

Узнать больше о Grover Jackson Randy Rhoads: http://www.japanguitar.ru/guitars/sold-guitars/sold-electroguitars/grover-jackson-rr.html.

There really isn't that much info around on this particular model, so it was nice to find these photos.
          Last edited by Ricoche; 07-08-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Also, here is a guy playing a guitar almost exactly the same as on the one in the store. This particular model is 1996 with different pickups. It's in Russian, but there are more pics of this 1996 Grover Jackson guitar made in Japan. http://www.japanguitar.ru/guitars/so...ackson-rr.html

Made in Japan.
            Year: 1995-2000.
            Deck: Poplar.
            Neck: Maple.
            Fingerboard: Rosewood.
            Bridge: Floyd Rose.

Узнать больше о Grover Jackson Randy Rhoads: http://www.japanguitar.ru/guitars/sold-guitars/sold-electroguitars/grover-jackson-rr.html.

There really isn't that much info around on this particular model, so it was nice to find these photos.

Comment

Don't double-click the Post button
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X