NGD.....Well sort of LOL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD.....Well sort of LOL!

A few years back I picked up a near mint Jackson Dinky Reverse MIJ at a local Texas pawnshop. Paid around $150 IIRC

Fast forward a few years and even after some pickup mods as well as the essential FU Tone mods I sold it locally for over $300

Looking at Craigslist the other night and I spotted what looked like the EXACT same guitar. How did I know? Saw the pink teflon wrap on the Floyd posts (old tech trick to stop the wobble) and saw the Dunlop Straplocks as well as brass block.

Hooked up with the EXACT same dude who by the way did not even recognize me and bought it for $150

This time its staying with me!!!

The body will end up with Dan Lawrence and I will have him pull off yet another killer paint job and make me a Bela Lugosi

Last edited by vklobucar; 07-22-2014, 05:21 PM.

Sweet! Pics to come I am sure!

Comment

Cool! I had a Dinky Reverse in what looks like the same color... Deep Metallic Purple? Also, it's hard to tell, but is there a Schaller on there or a JT-580LP with square baseplate? If it's the squared JT-580LP, then it's from 1994.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks like a JT-590.
        Sweet guitar!
        -Rick

Comment

Its very much a German Schaller with my Fu Tone Brass Big Block that I added years ago!!!

Comment

One of the damn unit flippers on my local CL...
            He buys a guitar, usually has it re-posted before he even gets home. Always $50 more than the original asking price.
            I bought one from him in October for $200. With case, trem bar, cord, and other miscellaneous extras.
            I posted it a couple weeks ago. He buys just the guitar for $450. Its now posted for $500.

Unlike you, I won't buy it back.

I hate that guy. I hope he chokes on it.

Comment

I hear ya!

Mind you I have always hit up pawnshops and scored some killer deals. Some I keep and some I sell to finance other guitars and amps.

A few weeks ago I scored a dead mint Jackson MIJ Pro for $150 and it sold less than 24 hours later on ebay for $500

My wife was blown away and the cash that fetched is mine to play with without touching the family budget. Its what allows me to fund a hobby that pretty much pays for its self

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                Its very much a German Schaller with my Fu Tone Brass Big Block that I added years ago!!!
                Nice. It was kinda hard to tell from the pics if it was the Schaller JT-590.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you can buy anything on Craigslist and not get murdered, its a win!
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                  X